Online Babble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ONLINE DEBATE

+23
alfantemitch
mahalmartinez
con divino23
alemmuli
vjr8
vyhel_apolito
jefftenedero
jimcasipit
abbyalvarado
rcmarcial
thon_olivay
neahmawak
diwz
flpbrizo
ivymarieboquiren
angel_saladojr
Francisco_Lim
gerald_sanchez
harlymaylumagui
lance_spearBFF
Jovi_salud
paulojolejole
Admin
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty ONLINE DEBATE

Post  Admin Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:33 pm

This is the continuation of the debate we had in class about piracy. For those who were not present during the make-up classes, make sure you post a reply to count as attendance. Replies in this topic will also be considered for class participation.

How can piracy (software, audio, video) on the internet be stopped? Do you believe that there should be a legal entity in charge of hunting and punishing those who use or distribute pirated material? Or should the industry (all firms involved with the internet in one way or another) be self-regulated? Discuss the pros and cons and give suggestions on implementation.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dlsudinternet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty THis is my answer for my that question!!!

Post  paulojolejole Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:46 pm

Advantage of having pirated Software, you can afford the price or expenses from it..and mostly filipinos use pirated software for thier business.
Disadvantage of this pirated thing, it can easily broken your mouth ay!(pc pala) ..

If you cought by mr.edu the manzanok,just dance the papaya dance so that he can be back to the future when he is a 4yrs old wild boy ...

paulojolejole

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty Re: ONLINE DEBATE

Post  Jovi_salud Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:32 am

Admin wrote:

How can piracy (software, audio, video) on the internet be stopped? Do you believe that there should be a legal entity in charge of hunting and punishing those who use or distribute pirated material? Or should the industry (all firms involved with the internet in one way or another) be self-regulated? Discuss the pros and cons and give suggestions on implementation.

Piracy in internet can be stopped by Windows. They can block certain sites that contains piracy or close to that. I know its not easy but it is possible. Because most of the internet users use Windows to get in to the web, so by creating a blocker application they can somewhat block certain sites.

PROS
1. Most of the victims of piracy is artist, so one of the pros would be they can get more income.
2. The spread of certain spyware will be stopped.
3. Prevent the spread of some "Downloader Virus".

CONS
1. Most people would get angry and tired of using internet. (including me)
2. No more New Songs for your IPOD's.

That's all rabbit
Jovi_salud
Jovi_salud

http://www.freewebs.com/overpoweringjovi

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty my non sense post...

Post  lance_spearBFF Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:40 pm

PIRACY is inevitable! In our country, in every corner of the street, there were a lot of "humanoids" that sells worthless materials(pirated products). Piracy in our country is very rampant. "He, the one who creates, is the one who can destroy." The company should be self-regulated with regards to the issue of piracy. They should create something that would prevent the downloaders minimize their downloading... "hahaha! nonsense!" Thats all...
lance_spearBFF
lance_spearBFF

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty comment about piracy

Post  harlymaylumagui Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:35 am

there should be a legal entity in chArge of hunting the distributors of pirated materials in the internet. there should be a law in the philippines about cyber crimes involving piracy. the industry should also be careful about to whom they pass their creations with. there are now IT's that are capable of finding the source of the pirated materials in the net and i believe they should hire those people to create a program that will stop pirated materials coming in and out of the net. but the government is not that serious about finding and stopping those people and because of that, the industry suffers.
actually there are laws against piracy and i think the VRB are upholding it. but i think that they are not doing enough and they are not really serious about stopping it, everytime i watch the news i always see Sen. Bong Revilla catching and raiding those people who are selling pirated materials that pretty much is not the one who they should waste thier time time with. i believe that in able to stop piracy "permanently", the VRB should focus on finding those big machines that makes pirated materials, the makers, the distributors. they have the power and the resources but they are not really that serious in stopping piracy in the philippines.
harlymaylumagui
harlymaylumagui

Back to top Go down

Post  gerald_sanchez Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:39 am

piracy can never be stopped... the government and other agencies have tried different solutions but
those pirates always find ways to operate piracy in the web.
the internet is open for both legal and illegal operations... those companies who run the web benefit from these
operations so why would they stop it!

pros!
1. cheap music, videos, etc...
2. readily available information

cons
1. artists lose income
2. source of viruses etc...
gerald_sanchez
gerald_sanchez

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty Online Debate

Post  Francisco_Lim Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:10 am

Pircacy some how helps more internet users around the world most especially filipinos because there are more websites for free downloads like mp3, videos and games. You can also buy software at a very cheap price. The disadvantage of pirated is many artist are loosing incomes. Lastly, pirated sometimes has a free virus like trojan.... study

Francisco_Lim

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty ON PIRACY...

Post  angel_saladojr Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:24 am

Piracy is indeed a societal problem that requires analysis and investigation, although there is a governing body that is in-charge of suppressing piracy in the country, still we can see pirated video materials everywhere, Under the copyright law, it prohibits the duplication of any video material with out prior notice from the owner but this is not being practice, since the production and distribution of pirated materials is now being a lucrative business of the under privilege.
What i recommend is that the firms involve in this situation should practice their own mode of operation to protect their own rights. on the other hand the government can assist the company for security and law implementation.

angel_saladojr

Back to top Go down

Post  Jovi_salud Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:00 pm

Francisco_Lim wrote:Pircacy some how helps more internet users around the world most especially filipinos because there are more websites for free downloads like mp3, videos and games. You can also buy software at a very cheap price. The disadvantage of pirated is many artist are loosing incomes. Lastly, pirated sometimes has a free virus like trojan.... study

This is a very informative answer to the question... from now on you are my idol... i salute you my hero.... cheers
Jovi_salud
Jovi_salud

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty JOvi!!

Post  paulojolejole Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:09 pm

Jovi_salud wrote:
Admin wrote:

Piracy in internet can be stopped by Windows. They can block certain sites that contains piracy or close to that. I know its not easy but it is possible. Because most of the internet users use Windows to get in to the web, so by creating a blocker application they can somewhat block certain sites.

PROS
1. Most of the victims of piracy is artist, so one of the pros would be they can get more income.

CONS

That's all rabbit

This is an informative answer ty for giving us knowledge!! pale

paulojolejole

Back to top Go down

Post  Francisco_Lim Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:11 pm

Jovi_salud wrote:
Admin wrote:

PROS

CONS

That's all rabbit

you have a great critical thinking............
i salute you our patron saint.....
king

Francisco_Lim

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty PIRACY is STEALING!!!!

Post  ivymarieboquiren Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:14 pm

[b]PIRACY is spreading all over the Philippines. (hahaha! Very Happy spreading?) For some, it is good. They take advantage to it. They are or rather say "WE" are patronizing pirated. PIRATED Dvds, Cds, etc.. because we find it more affordable than the dvds and cds we see at MALLS. the government never stops advertising about PIRACY. One of their advertisement says that PIRACY is Stealing, Which somehow is true. they always advertised but it seems not changing. ACTIONS SPEAKS LOUDER THA WORDS.[i] IF THEY REALLY WANT TO STOP THAT PIRACY THING THEY SHOULD HELP EACH OTHER. THEY MUST COORDINATE With NBI. they must first analyze the four W's (WHAT,WHO,WHERE,AND WHEN) FOR THEM TO RESOLVE THE PIRACY here in the Philippines. Very Happy

ivymarieboquiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Francisco_Lim Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:30 pm

ivymarieboquiren wrote:[b]PIRACY is spreading all over the Philippines. (hahaha! Very Happy spreading?) For some, it is good. They take advantage to it. They are or rather say "WE" are patronizing pirated. PIRATED Dvds, Cds, etc.. because we find it more affordable than the dvds and cds we see at MALLS. the government never stops advertising about PIRACY. One of their advertisement says that PIRACY is Stealing, Which somehow is true. they always advertised but it seems not changing. ACTIONS SPEAKS LOUDER THA WORDS.[i] IF THEY REALLY WANT TO STOP THAT PIRACY THING THEY SHOULD HELP EACH OTHER. THEY MUST COORDINATE With NBI. they must first analyze the four W's (WHAT,WHO,WHERE,AND WHEN) FOR THEM TO RESOLVE THE PIRACY here in the Philippines. Very Happy

ivy this answer is very imformative. . . . . . . .
I salute you......... Shocked

Francisco_Lim

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty ?!?!

Post  Admin Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:32 pm

on piracy2.........
by angel_saladojr Today at 11:27

the internet is a good access for communication, however this good technology is not doing all the good for some company since, internet is a tool for piracy! we could never regulate piracy as we could never regulate internet technology!!!

can you explain your statement, angel?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dlsudinternet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty The one true Answer!

Post  flpbrizo Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:36 pm

The Nature of Internet Regulation
The dilemma of who and how will the internet be governed has created a lot of issues and problems for counties around the world, most especially in the United States. At present, there has been no government entity and established rules that strictly guides the regulation of the cyber world. However, even if such is the case, there have been a number of private institutions and other self-governing entities that have governed the internet. however in a loose manner.
For instance, protocols such as hypertext transfer protocol (http) and also the hypertext markup language (html) are developed by specific programmers or a group of them. These protocols created by the latter are then passed on to standard bodies such as Internet Task Force or the Worldwide Web Consortium. The US government has also played its role in terms of internet governance as it requires domain name registration through various subcontractors such as the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) and Network Solutions, Inc.

flpbrizo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jovi_salud Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:53 pm

flpbrizo wrote:The Nature of Internet Regulation
The dilemma of who and how will the internet be governed has created a lot of issues and problems for counties around the world, most especially in the United States. At present, there has been no government entity and established rules that strictly guides the regulation of the cyber world. However, even if such is the case, there have been a number of private institutions and other self-governing entities that have governed the internet. however in a loose manner.
For instance, protocols such as hypertext transfer protocol (http) and also the hypertext markup language (html) are developed by specific programmers or a group of them. These protocols created by the latter are then passed on to standard bodies such as Internet Task Force or the Worldwide Web Consortium. The US government has also played its role in terms of internet governance as it requires domain name registration through various subcontractors such as the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) and Network Solutions, Inc.

So what do you think of my solution mr brizo? My solution in this piracy thing should start with Microsoft itself. Because most of the people who are using internet is running Microsoft OS. So the solution must come with the "creator" itself.... Bill Gates should start to block some sites... But you know after a few months, more intelligent developer can find a solution in this... but it's better to try than do nothing right... PIS afro
Jovi_salud
Jovi_salud

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty piracy

Post  diwz Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:53 pm

Software piracy is the mislicensing, unauthorized reproduction and illegal distribution of software, whether for business or personal use. Protect yourself from the risks of software piracy with helpful tips how to identify counterfeit or other misuse of software. Pirated software hurts everyone, from software developers to retail store owners, and ultimately to all software users. Furthermore, the illegal duplication and distribution of software has a significant impact on the economy, the audio and video as well, it would definitely affect the artist, they deserve to get what they work for... this issue was clearly a legal act of people who are not authorized to do such things, pros would definitely stop this legal act for the sake of artist and the people who work hard to maintain the quality. cons, would be to the consumers who patronize this kind of act just to less their expenses without thinking the long term effect of it.
diwz
diwz

Back to top Go down

Post  neahmawak Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:59 pm

Admin wrote:This is the continuation of the debate we had in class about piracy. For those who were not present during the make-up classes, make sure you post a reply to count as attendance. Replies in this topic will also be considered for class participation.

Piracy is the illegal copying of copyrighted material. This can be, but is not limited to music, games, and videos. A positive consequence of stealing music is that you get free music for your own personal enjoyment. You can also profit from piracy.
However, more often than not, piracy will result in the negative consequances such as the showbiz industry lessen their profts because of that illegal copying of copyrighted material. cheers
neahmawak
neahmawak

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty tanong mo kay sagot boy!!!!

Post  gerald_sanchez Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:53 pm

piracy will never end...
who to blame???

pirates! - for pirating!!! (teka pirate ba tawag sa mga namimirata???)
the government - for doing nothing about the problem
us, we, me, you, I, him, her - for patronizing pirated cd's dvd's, songs, videos, etc...

for now, there is no real solution for piracy!!!

tama!!!!
gerald_sanchez
gerald_sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post  gerald_sanchez Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:00 pm

Jovi_salud wrote:
flpbrizo wrote:The Nature of Internet Regulation

So what do you think of my solution mr brizo? My solution in this piracy thing should start with Microsoft itself. Because most of the people who are using internet is running Microsoft OS. So the solution must come with the "creator" itself.... Bill Gates should start to block some sites... But you know after a few months, more intelligent developer can find a solution in this... but it's better to try than do nothing right... PIS afro

ha! absurd brother jovs
dont you think that microsoft itself benefits from these pirating activities?
why would they stop piracy if they themselves earn from these operations!
its a conspiracy i tell you! a conspiracy!
gerald_sanchez
gerald_sanchez

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty anti-piracy campaign

Post  thon_olivay Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:30 am

for me piracy is illegal but in reality, we know that we can't stop piracy all over the world, all i can suggest is to less the price of dowload music, so they can avoid piracy! the cheap, the better!!! Wink Wink
thon_olivay
thon_olivay

http://www.geocities.yahoo.com/thon_olivay

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty Piracy! Cheap and Reliably devastating.

Post  rcmarcial Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:32 am

first of all piracy can be stopped when all of the musicians stop making music, writers stop writing, and application/program companies stop making those oh so safe and high detailed games and programs for our computers. i dont know how the main system works over the net they better control uploads over the net and sharing.

Pros:
Free!

Cons:
Sometimes it has some virus attachments
Less Security
Less Information
Incomplete Apllications
Has to be bookmarked
rcmarcial
rcmarcial

http://rcmarcial04.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty online debate

Post  abbyalvarado Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:16 pm

piracy is really hard to stopped especially if there are government officials involved. and it's really hard to stopped it because a lot of Filipinos are patronizing it. the government should be serious about stopping the piracy.piracy greatly affects our music industry, our artists. it's really unfair for the artist and the producers of the albums because they are the one who work hard for it and yet other people are the one who benefits from what they worked hard for. people patronized piracy because it's cheaper. Smile [quote]

abbyalvarado

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty re:anti piracy campaign

Post  abbyalvarado Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:24 pm

thon_olivay wrote:for me piracy is illegal but in reality, we know that we can't stop piracy all over the world, all i can suggest is to less the price of dowload music, so they can avoid piracy! the cheap, the better!!! Wink Wink

yeah, right, if they lessen the price maybe people will shift again in buying original musics, but there are basis why they can't put down the prices.. Razz What a Face

abbyalvarado

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE Empty Jemuel Casipit

Post  jimcasipit Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:53 pm

I dont think piracy coud be stopped because there are still a lot of people who are acknowledging pirated software,audio, video Etc...The best way to stop it is just ignore nor stop buying pirated material that are being sell in the market. I do believe govt. should pursue those companies that are distributing pirated material because they are against the law of the govt.

Pros
1. Able to help people who are working in industries.
2. Cheap

Cons
1.Source of viruses ETC....
2.Loss of income.
Twisted Evil

jimcasipit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next