Online Babble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ONLINE DEBATE

+23
alfantemitch
mahalmartinez
con divino23
alemmuli
vjr8
vyhel_apolito
jefftenedero
jimcasipit
abbyalvarado
rcmarcial
thon_olivay
neahmawak
diwz
flpbrizo
ivymarieboquiren
angel_saladojr
Francisco_Lim
gerald_sanchez
harlymaylumagui
lance_spearBFF
Jovi_salud
paulojolejole
Admin
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty Jemuel Casipit

Post  jimcasipit Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:55 pm

I dont think piracy coud be stopped because there are still a lot of people who are acknowledging pirated software,audio, video Etc...The best way to stop it is just ignore nor stop buying pirated material that are being sell in the market. I do believe govt. should pursue those companies that are distributing pirated material because they are against the law of the govt.

Pros
1. Able to help people who are working in industries.
2. Cheap

Cons
1. Source of viruses ETC...
2. loss of income
Twisted Evil

jimcasipit

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty Re: ONLINE DEBATE

Post  jefftenedero Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:09 pm

the impact of piracy on the Philippine's movie and music industry has been devastating. accept the fact that we can never stopped piracy specially in our country. Government agencies have done their part to stopped this. but still it exists! it is better to start it from each and everyone of us to just simply do not patronize or just avoid purchasing pirated products. it could help not only for the country and our government, but most importantly, Pinoy artists.

jefftenedero

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty all about piracy

Post  vyhel_apolito Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:44 pm

Piracy is the duplication, or use of software without authorization from the copyright owner. It is a crime that hurts everyone businesses and consumers.. Like electronic identity theft, computer viruses, and the spread of other computer crimes, software piracy is on the rise. The problem with software piracy is that software costs make this illegal activity appealing to the end user. Software companies must also spend considerable time and resources in fighting piracy and filing lawsuits against violators. Piracy results in major losses of revenue to the industry Mad Mad Mad
vyhel_apolito
vyhel_apolito

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty JR Vasquez answer

Post  vjr8 Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:30 pm

Maybe most of us will agree that piracy is inevitable but we should strive to fight piracy. It is true that companies and government already did programs to stop piracy and so far i think they are minimizing it gradually. We, Filipinos should start doing the action to stop piracy. We should not patronize these products and we should not sell it also. We might buy pirated cd's,dvs and softwares because it is cheaper. It is the main reason why people buy these products. I think the companies should sell their products in affordable prices. Meaning not too high compare to the pirated products. I think people will buy the original copies when the price gap is not too big.

vjr8

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty the aftermath of piracy

Post  gerald_sanchez Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:48 pm

the trend in the music industry as a result of piracy... LIVE CONCERTS, ASIAN TOURS, etc...
international musicians are greatly affected by piracy, so their solution to compensate the fall in their album sales is by having live concerts all over the world!!!
napansin nyo, madami ng international musicians ang nag concert sa pinas during the past few years... sa concert mga concerts na lang sila kumikita talaga!!!

hahahahaha!!! thats just my opinion of course!!!!!
gerald_sanchez
gerald_sanchez

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty my opinion

Post  alemmuli Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:21 pm

for me, first it must be self regulated and then gradually minimize the piracy and by doing this, less people will go in to piracy because less people are patronizing it, then to fully stop it legal entity or by using police, capture those masterminds to fully stopped the piracy.

alemmuli

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty i thhoght windows used it

Post  alemmuli Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:25 pm

Jovi_salud wrote:
Admin wrote:

How can piracy (software, audio, video) on the internet be stopped? Do you believe that there should be a legal entity in charge of hunting and punishing those who use or distribute pirated material? Or should the industry (all firms involved with the internet in one way or another) be self-regulated? Discuss the pros and cons and give suggestions on implementation.

Piracy in internet can be stopped by Windows. They can block certain sites that contains piracy or close to that. I know its not easy but it is possible. Because most of the internet users use Windows to get in to the web, so by creating a blocker application they can somewhat block certain sites.

PROS
1. Most of the victims of piracy is artist, so one of the pros would be they can get more income.
2. The spread of certain spyware will be stopped.
3. Prevent the spread of some "Downloader Virus".

CONS
1. Most people would get angry and tired of using internet. (including me)
2. No more New Songs for your IPOD's.

That's all rabbit

windows did it but many people argue and make complaints about that, because some of it are malunctions like the software is original but the computer must be reformat and when they reformatted the pc windows pop up and it have a writing saying your software is faked.

alemmuli

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty govt cant stop it, but you yourself can stop it.

Post  alemmuli Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:28 pm

gerald_sanchez wrote:piracy can never be stopped... the government and other agencies have tried different solutions but
those pirates always find ways to operate piracy in the web.
the internet is open for both legal and illegal operations... those companies who run the web benefit from these
operations so why would they stop it!

pros!
1. cheap music, videos, etc...
2. readily available information

cons
1. artists lose income
2. source of viruses etc...

you can stop it from your own self, stop patronizing pirated products and software.

alemmuli

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty online piracy

Post  con divino23 Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:39 am

How can piracy (software, audio, video) on the internet be stopped? Do you believe that there should be a legal entity in charge of hunting and punishing those who use or distribute pirated material? Or should the industry (all firms involved with the internet in one way or another) be self-regulated? Discuss the pros and cons and give suggestions on implementation.

Online music piracy has had serious effects on the music industry. Online music piracy has caused some record stores sales to drop by every year. I think the reason why this piracy in our country became serious is because of the people who patronized this activity. Without people buying and supporting piracy,…there’s no piracy exist. I don’t think that there should be a legal entity in charge of hunting those who distribute pirated materials. They can’t do nothing although they lessen those people still piracy exist. I think all we need is one vision and mission…support different campaign created to prevent piracy And One aspect of this campaign against online music piracy is to raise awareness and educate the public about the consequences that online music piracy has on the people who work in the music industry.

con divino23

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty Wow!

Post  ivymarieboquiren Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:00 pm

Jovi_salud wrote:
Admin wrote:
wow! its a brilliant idea. you cited the pros and the cons of piracy. i strongly agree with you! IDOL!!! HAHAHA Razz

Piracy in internet can be stopped by Windows. They can block certain sites that contains piracy or close to that. I know its not easy but it is possible. Because most of the internet users use Windows to get in to the web, so by creating a blocker application they can somewhat block certain sites.

PROS
1. Most of the victims of piracy is artist, so one of the pros would be they can get more income.
2. The spread of certain spyware will be stopped.
3. Prevent the spread of some "Downloader Virus".

CONS
1. Most people would get angry and tired of using internet. (including me)
2. No more New Songs for your IPOD's.

That's all rabbit

ivymarieboquiren

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty comment

Post  mahalmartinez Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:38 pm

humm honestly once i handle an event about piracy and what we did we invite some bands to performe through this we make awarness abot piracy.. based on them its really hard to stop piracy because now a dyas people are very smart they do evrything this is the negative side of technology ta really hard to control people when it comes in implementing laws and regulation we should be honest not all of us follow humm i think they should be nore strict when it comes in implementing laws..
pros- cheaper on the part of the consumer
cons-lost of job for th artist

mahalmartinez

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty online debate

Post  alfantemitch Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:31 pm

I think piracy is something that is definitely difficult to stop. Simply because, it is already everywhere.. taking the Philippines for example, the sources of pirated cd's in the streets, inside malls and other establishments, is not from us but from another country. So no matter how many cd's the government may try destroy on national television, they still have not eliminated the source, so the piracy business would still go on after a few days. Also cd burning is considered as a form of piracy, but still a lot of computer hardware stores are selling cd/dvd burners.. cdr's and dvdr's are also not that hard to find. Aside from the fact that there are numerous sites from which anyone could easily download music or videos.

but if there would be a legal entity that would hunt and punish those who use and distribute pirated materials, then they might as well arrest almost everybody..because almost everyone has bought cd's like these before. what they should do is try to find the source of these cd's and then they could at least stop mass production of such products. since they cannot do anything about cd burning, since it is sometimes used in the corporate world.

pros: more income for the film and music industry
cons: too expensive, might take years to accomplish

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
alfantemitch
alfantemitch

Back to top Go down

Post  lance_spearBFF Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:25 pm

mahalmartinez wrote:humm honestly once i handle an event about piracy and what we did we invite some bands to performe through this we make awarness abot piracy.. based on them its really hard to stop piracy because now a dyas people are very smart they do evrything this is the negative side of technology ta really hard to control people when it comes in implementing laws and regulation we should be honest not all of us follow humm i think they should be nore strict when it comes in implementing laws..
pros- cheaper on the part of the consumer
cons-lost of job for th artist

santa pig pig pig santa

i agree with mahal... it was really hard to stop piracy in our country and even having an awareness event for the people it makes nonsense because they just ignored it. lets face it, a lot of us patronized "pirated products"n and we enjoyed it... well, thats life! Sad Exclamation
lance_spearBFF
lance_spearBFF

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty for the sake of arguement.... did I got that right...?

Post  Dorilyn Fuderanan Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:25 am

If we are talking about piracy on the internet, it would be impossible to stop as of today. See, If a person acquires a cd for example, he or she is free to do whatever with it, including pirating them and disseminate it to whoever they want to. Unless they someone out there would dare to create something that would prevent a file to be copied or pirated but that's just impossible. Anyway here are the pros and cons of piracy as how i see it:

PROS (tadah!)
:: It's free or if not, it costs way cheaper than the original.
:: For music as an example, you can get the file or the track that you like.
:: It's disposable. Like a love-hate relationship. If you got tired of it, you can throw the cd or erase the file in your pc and not feel bad about it. and if you happen to like them again, you can get a new one or upload a new one because it's cheap.
:: You can share it to others. (wow christmas...)

IT'S CHEAP. Saves a lot of your allowance. And even the little brats can afford it. That's what makes piracy larger than life. Anyways here are the cons of it...

CONS (yey!)
:: Unfair to those people who exerted so much effort and capital on it.
:: The quality sucks most of the time.
:: It kills an industry.

IT"S NOT FAIR. C'mon. Enough said.

But as what I see, to fend of piracy, people must be educated of what it is and how much it will affect an industry. Respect and social responsibility should be raised to people so they would not be tempted to patronize pirated or counterfeit products. As for the music industry, the record labels should not focus too much on profiteering, resulting to over-pricing their products and making it unaffordable to many who loves their music.
Dorilyn Fuderanan
Dorilyn Fuderanan

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty piracy helped me!!!

Post  gerald_sanchez Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:23 am

i just remembered...

i downloaded a program that helped me fulfill my requirements in one of my subjects last semester!!!

see, piracy does good in someone's life!!! Twisted Evil
gerald_sanchez
gerald_sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post  xxkpatino Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:29 am

gerald_sanchez wrote:piracy can never be stopped... the government and other agencies have tried different solutions but
those pirates always find ways to operate piracy in the web.
the internet is open for both legal and illegal operations... those companies who run the web benefit from these
operations so why would they stop it!

pros!
1. cheap music, videos, etc...
2. readily available information

cons
1. artists lose income
2. source of viruses etc...

whenever i think about the artists losing income, yeah they're losing a portion but the real loser here are the record companies trying to make a lot out of our money...
xxkpatino
xxkpatino

http://www.noremorse.tk

Back to top Go down

Post  xxkpatino Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:35 am

reality check... we can never stop piracy.
perhaps we can lessen it through strict laws. and i mean REAL LAWS, not the street justice going on around our country - the type that honors only fear of the kotong boys and all.

PROS:

1. duh it's freakin cheap
2. it's easier and more convenient (DL + crack = voila!) I mean, I can't even find an original photoshop that easy, not even in big malls. to order online, i have to pay $699!!!! are you crazy!?

CONS:

1. it's illegal

I don't really see the "loss of income" kind of con about piracy because I find them pricing their stuff too high! I mean, they would say that their loss reached One billion trillion blah blah blah. But it only reaches it that high because their price and bases are too high. If they would lessen the price, thus lessen the loss.

I mean, come one!! Original CD Php450, original software Php2000+, original premium software $300-$800, original DVDs Php800+

nOT everyone can afford that.

perhaps the best one is eradicate poverty, eradicate piracy
xxkpatino
xxkpatino

http://www.noremorse.tk

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty it can be stopped!!

Post  jpcolocado Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:40 am

simply, it must start in yourself, self regulation must be inatialize, then after gradually stopping it, start the policing process.

jpcolocado

Back to top Go down

ONLINE DEBATE - Page 2 Empty informative?

Post  jpcolocado Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:42 am

Jovi_salud wrote:
Francisco_Lim wrote:Pircacy some how helps more internet users around the world most especially filipinos because there are more websites for free downloads like mp3, videos and games. You can also buy software at a very cheap price. The disadvantage of pirated is many artist are loosing incomes. Lastly, pirated sometimes has a free virus like trojan.... study

This is a very informative answer to the question... from now on you are my idol... i salute you my hero.... cheers

you think that is right and informative, think again, you are stealing and it is a sin..

jpcolocado

Back to top Go down

Post  princess Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Piracy has now become a major problem in the world. It doesn’t only affect every business and artist but also the political and economical aspect. Killing the problem of piracy is also the same as stopping the smokers in using cigarettes. Why? Because governments did already unite themselves just to stop those smokers. Some put high taxes on it, others banned cigarettes on their country, but they failed. So what they did was they shifted their strategy into psychological way where they had to emphasize the bad effects of cigarettes to discourage the smokers. I believe this is what we have to do. The solution lies on the companies by emphasizing the benefits consumer will get by having the original ones. Psychological way of convincing is more effective than the way of making people feel forced of their obligation to obey a regulation, which is practically speaking “labag sa kalooban nila.”

princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dorilyn Fuderanan Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:54 pm

[quote="Admin"] on piracy2.........
by angel_saladojr Today at 11:27

the internet is a good access for communication, however this good technology is not doing all the good for some company since, internet is a tool for piracy! we could never regulate piracy as we could never regulate internet technology!!!

oh... ano daw po...?
Dorilyn Fuderanan
Dorilyn Fuderanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2