Online Babble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prelim Discussion Questions

+129
kimptan
mayannecoquia
joanna_tiu
maryruth_santos
rvasquez
beltranjoana19
markadriandino
rosanduque
escarcha
holden
roselynfuensalida
ishtin_delacruz
mikashintome
John Michael Umali
raisa_marie
jpcolocado
senjindesagun
markpimentel08
aizamdeguzman
jimcasipit
Canceran Renz Briane F. C
rcmarcial
mylenecportugaleza
gerald_sanchez
diwz
noellaenriquez
karrencasue
mangaserchel
audree_somera
Francisco_Lim
neahmawak
raycharlesdelagua
carlajavellana
MJ Legaspi
lauricequintero
Jovi_salud
ranniesantiago
mundo_rocks
juno.pestano
mike tulang
vullagmyka
rhej89
maricris lim
ivanneyanga
jacquelynrosal
klgalang3598
kristinemadolid
jamesdaplas
haidelyn
thon_olivay
abbyalvarado
cathy_tia
alemmuli
glennalba
raufrankalfaro
donabelleluna
paulojolejole
mhy_rodriguez
ynall_nosaj11
Graciel Katibog
nicolasFE
Alcoba, Cristina
xenen
jriosa
Toni Ross Masinsin
mark_totanes
con divino23
mcloyola
faithy
annie_narvadez
mark ramos
aryen_jumaya
harlymaylumagui
RichelGrubat
ErikkaToledo
kenjohn
wilmark_sarmiento
johnrossmisa
zanderalarcos
ishie_barundia
kc_garces0402
jenpallesco
shiela_fababeir
xxkpatino
jlcaraan
lou.sierra
jefftenedero
jeanilyn_angeles
bm_valencia
tiehermosilla
nikki_sunga
elize balba
alexander galinato
rrreysag
vyhel_apolito
aben
lance_spearBFF
nramos
wrcrofule
hared_hachero
arlynne.awayan
rjt_vargas
kris
mahalmartinez
alfantemitch
pao_guerrero
medo_domingo
na_ballesteros
kristeldiaz_714
mike_viesca23
derrick_delgado
sig_angeles
ivymarieboquiren
vjr8
andrearebadavia
joycetapan
r.abendan
albertgni
ChiquiPalanca
joshuajames
neldyjacinto
adrian_08dlsu
john316
Lito Delapena
jewel_apacible
kellybarachina
jm_oracion
BeeJ_Santos
Admin
133 posters

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty Prelim Discussion Questions

Post  Admin Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:41 pm

Hello!

Answer any of the following questions:

1. Because of the internet, many professionals are now able to earn a living without having to go to the office everyday. There are people employed by companies who work at home and simply communicate and submit their work through the internet. Others start their own online business. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of working at home in terms of how it affects the other aspects of a person's life?

2. More and more Filipinos are now putting up online businesses or selling their products online. Are you currently buying or would you seriously consider making online transactions such as bill payments and shopping? Why or why not?

Remember, you have to post at least 2 messages: one answering the prelim questions and the other is a reply post.

Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dlsudinternet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty Re: Prelim Discussion Questions

Post  BeeJ_Santos Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:30 pm

More and more Filipinos are now putting up online businesses or selling their products online. Are you currently buying or would you seriously consider making online transactions such as bill payments and shopping? Why or why not?

I haven't tried buying online from someone I don't personally know. For reasons like, security and assurance that I'll receive the product/s I bought from them. Maybe If I can find some online shops that can provide assurance i might consider purchasing. Very Happy
BeeJ_Santos
BeeJ_Santos

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty Answers to the Prelim questions by Jan-Michael Oracion

Post  jm_oracion Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:37 pm

Answer to Question 2:

I would seriously making online transactions if the merchandise being offered to me are worth buying and the site is secured on its online transactions. There are lots of items that are being offered by online sellers which could not be easily seen in ordinary stores. In terms of bills payment, it is fine with me paying it through online because it will be less hassle to me and I will avoid long lines in payment stores and/or banks.

jm_oracion

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty Re: jm_oracion

Post  BeeJ_Santos Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:40 pm

jm_oracion wrote:Answer to Question 2:

I would seriously making online transactions if the merchandise being offered to me are worth buying and the site is secured on its online transactions. There are lots of items that are being offered by online sellers which could not be easily seen in ordinary stores. In terms of bills payment, it is fine with me paying it through online because it will be less hassle to me and I will avoid long lines in payment stores and/or banks.

Come to think of it...it is indeed hassle-free or should I say less hassle if you make your payment online. And its safe too... Very Happy
BeeJ_Santos
BeeJ_Santos

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty discussion

Post  kellybarachina Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:43 pm

1. Because of the internet, many professionals are now able to earn a living without having to go to the office everyday. There are people employed by companies who work at home and simply communicate and submit their work through the internet. Others start their own online business. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of working at home in terms of how it affects the other aspects of a person's life?

-->Advantages of having their work through internet, they can save more of their time. They can work on another business if they wanted to make another one. For the people who are family oriented they can spend more time with their family. They will be aware of what's going on with son and daughter. The only disavantage that I know is they cannot practice their speaking abilities personally with other peolpe.

kellybarachina

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty SURE! WHY NOT

Post  jewel_apacible Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:44 pm

2. More and more Filipinos are now putting up online businesses or selling their products online. Are you currently buying or would you seriously consider making online transactions such as bill payments and shopping? Why or why not?

I haven't been tried online shopping. Though, I've had visited some websites offering their products, I can say that I am quite interested with their other products. So, I would consider making online transactions such as bill payments and shopping in the future if I have my own resources because it is more accessible and practical. It saves time and energy. Question Idea

Last edited by on Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:48 pm; edited 3 times in total

jewel_apacible

Back to top Go down

Post  Lito Delapena Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:44 pm

buying things online depend on where i am and what im buying..i wouldnt buy clothes or shoes if it were being sold buy someone here in the philippines just because of the large number of scams and fake items that circulate online and in the philippines..but online buying is also more conveinient for the consumers and also for the sellers.
Lito Delapena
Lito Delapena

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty Re: Prelim questions=on-line business

Post  john316 Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:45 pm

Answer #1

I think it is a great way to save time and spend more time to the family of a business man or office worker. meaning that they would have more time to be with their family and friends, at the same time reducing the tension and stress when working at home compared to working at the workplace Twisted Evil . But it is also a disadvantage to the managers, because it might reduce the productivity of the worker since they are not monitored. Evil or Very Mad

Answer #2

I haven't tried buying on-line, because it requires credit cards most of the time and building trust to the company or other people is one of the hardest part in making decisions. But if the company that offers the product or service is registered to a well known website that would offer free trials, then maybe i would consider buying. Twisted Evil
john316
john316

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian_08dlsu Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:47 pm

What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of working at home in terms of how it affects the other aspects of a person's life?
Ans:
The advantages of having internet at home using for work are easiest way of communicating other people, you can deliver the message by just a seconds or minutes, it is also less expense and using your time efficiently.

More and more Filipinos are now putting up online businesses or selling their products online. Are you currently buying or would you seriously consider making online transactions such as bill payments and shopping? Why or why not?
ans: For me I'm not going to purchase any products that I cannot see because I don't know the quality and the durability of the product and also making online transactions such bill payments because we"re not sure if it is really safe or the money we send will go directly to the supplier of products but for me its a hard thing to do.

adrian_08dlsu

Back to top Go down

Post  neldyjacinto Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:52 pm

Because of the internet, many professionals are now able to earn a living without having to go to the office everyday. There are people employed by companies who work at home and simply communicate and submit their work through the internet. Others start their own online business. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of working at home in terms of how it affects the other aspects of a person's life?
Answer:
Advantages
1. More convenient for the person because there's no need for hiim/her to travel and spend much on his/her allowance for food and other.
2. More time for his/her family because anytime of the day, he/she is present and if there are problem, he/she can easily respond to it.
3. A person will become computer and internet literate.
4. Updated on the latest news and trends.
5. A person will have an opportunity to meet a lot of person worldwide.
Disadvantages
1. lessen the abilities in having conversdation to others.
2. less time for friends and other outdoor activities because he/she needs to be available anytime.
3. he/she can develop diseases from caused by the computers because of too much radiation and can affect the sense of seeing.
neldyjacinto
neldyjacinto

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty Re: john316

Post  jm_oracion Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:52 pm

Try mo bumili online... madaming bagay sa online na wala sa mga stores...

jm_oracion

Back to top Go down

Post  joshuajames Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:54 pm

No Im not buying or making an online transaction in the internet. Because I dont have creditcards for me to buy the products. But if I have a creditcard I would buy the products... hahahah king king king king

joshuajames

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty My answer to question #1

Post  ChiquiPalanca Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:44 pm

I salute those people who find jobs they can do at home, for example a working mom, even though she is actually doing her work, she don't have to leave the comforts of her home and of course her precious children and/or husband. That is one of the advantages i can think of as of today..let's see what im gonna come up with tommorow...ciao!

Last edited by on Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChiquiPalanca
ChiquiPalanca

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty my answer to question#2

Post  ChiquiPalanca Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:49 pm

I don't as of today I haven't bought anything from the internet, it's just too expensive and i have no credit card yet..but i plan to buy something online especially those hard to find CD's of my favorite bands!

Last edited by on Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChiquiPalanca
ChiquiPalanca

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty answer to the questionsss....albert style...herhehrerhehehe

Post  albertgni Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:09 pm

1. first, internet is a necessity to the people around the world right now, it has advantage and disadvantages...internet is so convernient that everyone can use it and there are online jobs like in pinoytypists.com where people can do typing jobs via the internet, if there are assignments for the members. members have the luxury to their work in the comfort of their own home and earn a living, but not that huge amount Embarassed but on the other hand. it can make them a lot lazy than going to offices Very Happy
albertgni
albertgni

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty 1st post ^_^

Post  r.abendan Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:11 pm

Admin wrote:

hmmm... i think working at home thanks to the internet is just great Very Happy theres the convenience of not having to leave home (obviously) and you don't have to deal with the hassles of getting to work like driving, traffic, walking *ekkhhh* and the worst: the OVER CROWDED TRAIN!!! *sniff*... never again XD

another reason is that you also dont have to deal with the "image" of the working man/woman, no need to wear 'work clothes', those tacky, uncomfortable, pointy high heeled shoes for women (and some men XD) and damn those long sleeves that employees wear just to end up folding(sleeves) haha

i mean at home you can basically wear anything ^_^ even a costume of superman, you could even choose to neglect your personal hygiene (it being a advantage or disadvantage depends on the person XP), nobody would really care except probably your next door neighbor who gets his kicks from meddling in affairs that dont concern him... besides that, nobody >_<

ok now lesse... disadvantages... hmmm... "no personal interaction with the people you work with/work for" would have to be one of them i guess, uhh... wait a minute... i dont know really if thats a disadvantage but i'll just label it one just to even the scales a bit hehe. uhh... cant think of anything else... no more time in class... later

reactions are welcome ^_^
r0bee

Last edited by on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:34 am; edited 2 times in total
r.abendan
r.abendan

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty for question no.1

Post  joycetapan Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:57 pm

Answer for question no. 1:
Well, working at home is great. It's a less hassle to them they can avoid traffics and other things that can happen on the road. It also can save much of their time. Another thing is that it will give them enough time to spend with their loved ones, as we all know that business mens are busy men they don't have enought time for their family. With this thing working at home, it will be a great help for them to spend time to their family for them to reapy those times they've missed. Very Happy
joycetapan
joycetapan

Back to top Go down

Post  joycetapan Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:09 pm

BeeJ_Santos wrote:I haven't tried buying online from someone I don't personally know. For reasons like, security and assurance that I'll receive the product/s I bought from them. Maybe If I can find some online shops that can provide assurance i might consider purchasing. Very Happy

Hmmm, I agree with your point of view on buying online. There's really no assurance that the products you've paid for will get to you. right? Except maybe if the company is a well known and respectable company,then you can be able to assure that the products they sell will get to you if you buy it. Very Happy
joycetapan
joycetapan

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty answers

Post  andrearebadavia Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:16 pm

QUESTION1:
It’s really great that through internet people would not have to go to office everyday to work, instead they could work at the comfort of their homes. Internet was really a great help for most people, but sometimes it brings disadvantages.
Advantages:javascript:emoticonp('sunny')
sunny
• Less cost. People don’t have to spend for food and transportation everyday to go to office; instead they could work at their own homes.
• Efficiency & Effectivity. People could work more efficient and more effective if they are comfortable with their own places.
• Less pressure. Relaxation at home while working is greatly achieved.
• Flexible time. You can work anytime and even how many hours you want, as long as you meet all the deadlines at work.
• Accessibility. Not only in homes but we can also work anywhere we want as long as there is internet connection available.
Disadvantages:javascript:emoticonp('bounce')
bounce
• Social life. Time spend with other people will be lessen.
• Personal ideas. Ideas will be limited to one person only, instead of incurring ideas with other people whom you work with.
• Health hazards. People can experience different health problems due to inactive lifestyle if working with computers more.

QUESTION2:javascript:emoticonp('affraid')
affraid
I’ve once tried looking for a product online, but I don’t find it practical at all. I always wish to personally see the product that I want to buy to assure that it would work well before I have it. Also, paying through credit cards could create hassle; hackers might use our credit cards when paying online. Smile sunny sunny
andrearebadavia
andrearebadavia

http://www.geocities.com/andrearebadavia/

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty post

Post  andrearebadavia Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:10 am

joycetapan wrote:Answer for question no. 1:
Well, working at home is great. It's a less hassle to them they can avoid traffics and other things that can happen on the road. It also can save much of their time. Another thing is that it will give them enough time to spend with their loved ones, as we all know that business mens are busy men they don't have enought time for their family. With this thing working at home, it will be a great help for them to spend time to their family for them to reapy those times they've missed. Very Happy

great! spending time with family while in work was really a nice idea! working through internet could also done in other place, thus you can have a vacation with your family while still coping up with work deadlines. Razz
andrearebadavia
andrearebadavia

Back to top Go down

Post  andrearebadavia Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:13 am

but paying online was really dangerous. there are some who takes advantage of it, hackers are some. . . they could use your credit cards without you knowing it! Smile
andrearebadavia
andrearebadavia

Back to top Go down

Post  vjr8 Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:10 pm

Answer 1. Internet has more advantages especially nowadays where in people are dependent on technology. The advantages of having an internet are: 1. Fast and convenient - a person can easily do his or her job by just surfing and sending messages using it and we can also have access to it even if we dont have personal computers through computer shops. 2. Cheaper - it is cheaper to work inside your home or office and make do your transactions using internet rather than spending much money for face to face conversation with your clients. 3. Time luxury - it can give you more time for your self and for other people, You will have free time to do things that you want to do. The diasadvanges of having an interent might be: 1. You will not able to have growth and gain meaningful experiences in the real world. Personal communication will contribute much to your personality. 2. Sometimes it makes you lazy and not productive - most of the time you are temted to copy the work of other people in the internet rather than to make your own work. Evil or Very Mad

Answer 2. I haven't tried to buy products online because i am not capable to do so. I don't have credit cards to buy products online. Personally i don't want to consider buying online because i want assurance that the products are good. I want to see the actual products because it might differ when it is posted online. I really want security that is why i prefer to buy in stores. Maybe i can consider buying online if know the products very well and if buying online will benifit me faster service. cheers

vjr8

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty Re: Jm_oracion

Post  vjr8 Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:14 pm

Yes they are right kuya. It is dangerous to buy online. There might be hackers. Isa pa wala tayong credit cards... Hehehe We should buy at FSC! just joking.. Yaan mo pagyumaman tayo we will buy online. Razz

vjr8

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty Kuya!

Post  vjr8 Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:15 pm

Yes they are right kuya. It is dangerous to buy online. There might be hackers. Isa pa wala tayong credit cards... Hehehe We should buy at FSC! just joking.. Yaan mo pagyumaman tayo we will buy online.

vjr8

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions Empty i haven't try it!

Post  ivymarieboquiren Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:48 pm

i haven't try any online transactions although im aware that it exist im afraid to engage myself on it. it is more reliable to pay your bills and to shop personally. as for me, i would still do transactions in a old way that i am familiar and used to.Very Happy

ivymarieboquiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next