Online Babble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midterm Discussion Topics

+130
harlymaylumagui
sig_angeles
carlajavellana
kuai_dumol
yen_miller0919
Lito Delapena
jefftenedero
joanna_tiu
mahalmartinez
markpimentel08
John Michael Umali
beltranjoana19
aizamdeguzman
aryen_jumaya
levi_martin
angel_saladojr
aben
mikashintome
nikki_sunga
con divino23
escarcha
rowenaperez
BeeJ_Santos
ishtin_delacruz
faithy
luigimanoza
holden
jimcasipit
Canceran Renz Briane F. C
mike tulang
hared_hachero
Francisco_Lim
Jovi_salud
paulojolejole
jamesdaplas
rhej89
jeanilyn_angeles
wrcrofule
raisa_marie
francesacoquia0811
joycetapan
abbyalvarado
neahmawak
thon_olivay
kenjohn
derrick_delgado
jacquelynrosal
alfantemitch
kris
noellaenriquez
roselynfuensalida
audree_somera
jriosa
mundo_rocks
rosanduque
mark_totanes
john316
mcloyola
raycharlesdelagua
mjaneenriquez
glennalba
karrencasue
ranniesantiago
kristinemadolid
wilmark_sarmiento
ErikkaToledo
Toni Ross Masinsin
rvasquez
andrearebadavia
ivanneyanga
alexander galinato
donabelleluna
mylenecportugaleza
kristeldiaz_714
edlyn_penaranda
vullagmyka
mangaserchel
vjr8
kellybarachina
ivymarieboquiren
jewel_apacible
joshuajames
maricris lim
klgalang3598
xxkpatino
nicolasFE
shiela_fababeir
senjindesagun
mhy_rodriguez
Graciel Katibog
vyhel_apolito
bm_valencia
alemmuli
RichelGrubat
maryjane
tiehermosilla
raufrankalfaro
mark ramos
Alcoba, Cristina
pao_guerrero
maryruth_santos
juno.pestano
r.abendan
rrreysag
ChiquiPalanca
johnrossmisa
jenpallesco
lou.sierra
medo_domingo
haidelyn
rjt_vargas
nramos
na_ballesteros
markadriandino
ynall_nosaj11
xenen
gerald_sanchez
zanderalarcos
lance_spearBFF
ishie_barundia
jlcaraan
jm_oracion
kc_garces0402
elize balba
mike_viesca23
cathy_tia
Dorilyn Fuderanan
albertgni
neldyjacinto
arlynne.awayan
134 posters

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics Empty Midterm Discussion Topics

Post  arlynne.awayan Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:05 pm

Question NETIQUETTE

You still have to mind your manners even online. Send at least three (3) netiquette rules that should be observed when participating in chatrooms, discussion boards, etc.

Question ONLINE SAFETY

There have been a lot of cases of abuse and exploitation originating from the internet. List ways on how you can avoid danger affraid

Question ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS

Can you consider cyber relationships to be TRUE relationships? Can you really consider someone a GF/BF if you have never met a person offline?

You can talk about your own experiences (good or bad) in any of these topics to help enlighten other people.

arlynne.awayan

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics Empty Midterm Online Discussion

Post  neldyjacinto Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:27 pm

A. You still have to mind your manners even online. Send at least three (3) netiquette rules that should be observed when participating in chatrooms, discussion boards, etc.
1. Observe respect while chatting and avoid using bad or foul words.
2. Limit the information to give especially when you dont know personally the person you've exchange conversation in chatting. As much as possible, dont tell anybody some personal information that can be risky for your own safety.
3. Do not give information to others without the consent or permission of your chat mates.

ONLINE SAFETY

There have been a lot of cases of abuse and exploitation originating from the internet. List ways on how you can avoid danger.
1. As much as possible avoid sharing and revealing personal information to others especially to those you dont know.
2. When you feel or witness having a sensual topic, try to change it or avoid it.
3. dont post some revealing or too sexy pictures in the internet to lessen harrasment. This can lead to declining of respect especially to the boys who have dirty minds.
4. If you encounter some foul messages or a message to a stranger, if it's not important disregard it.
5. Using internet can also be associated like what is happening in using cellphne. There maybe chances that when to stranger especially with the opposite sex encounter a conversation wih others, there's a tendency for them to meet. Avoid meeting with people you do not know especially if you 're on you're own.
6. Internet especially those website that uses mail create an environment for the subscriber to create a different personality inorder to protect themselves or to make other to have a false beleve. Dont easily give your trust to them.
7. Project a respectable image even in the internet. there's a big chance that your account will be exposed to millions of internet subscriber, and the pictures and the words you use can be a basis for you to be judge by others.
8. As much as possible have your own privacy to your account with the help of your own username and password to avoid others to use yoour own account.
9. When using the internet especially when renting to the computer shops, be sure to close all the windows, especially those accounts that you have tp prevent others to use it.
10. use the internet as a way of communicating with others with more benefits but observe netiquette rules in order to avoid abuse or exploitation.

ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS

Can you consider cyber relationships to be TRUE relationships? Can you really consider someone a GF/BF if you have never met a person offline?
You can talk about your own experiences (good or bad) in any of these topics to help enlighten other people.
arlynne.awayan
[center][right][center] In my own opinion I will not consider a cyber relationship as a true relationship. In my own point of view a relationship must have the presence of the two person involved in that relationship and it is easy for the partner to tell what they want to tell to the other with just a word/s but like what the saying [center]always says that action speaks louder than words. And having personal contact is very important because gestures can express what a person feels. Aside from that, you can tell anything you want up to the extent that some of the things you're telling was a lie. You can have different personalities online and definitely you can fool anybody..
For me as a person involve in a long time relationship, I become more aware of the mazes when a person involves into it and it is really true that long distance was a very difficult sacrifice into a relationship. Moments that BF and Gf shared and to be shared are very precious because you cannot turn back time and the moments that they've shared together will serve as the basis for more strong framework in a relationship. Feeling of being miss is very natural thats why physical presence is very very important. Affection and love is not sufficient through verbal ways. It is more effective if you personally express and give it to your special someone. I also believe that an individual cannot discover his/her characterisitcs just with a friend or other companies but there's a different perspective especially when he/she involves in a relationship. Like in my case, I am not a jealous type of person but when I experience having a relationship I slowly developing it. What I'm saying is online relationship is not sufficient to know the person for who he is..Trust is very important in a relationship and if you do not trust the person or you're not honest with each other, relationship is weak and cannot last for long time. Relationship for me serves as a stepping stone for us to have an opportunity to know who we want to spend our life with in the future. Eventhough maybe we've been involved into more than one time relationship, maybe it is because we were still on the process of searching the right person for us. The right person will come at the right time....

Last edited by on Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
neldyjacinto
neldyjacinto

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics Empty Re: Midterm Discussion Topics

Post  albertgni Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:19 am

arlynne.awayan wrote:Question NETIQUETTE

You still have to mind your manners even online. Send at least three (3) netiquette rules that should be observed when participating in chatrooms, discussion boards, etc.

Question ONLINE SAFETY

There have been a lot of cases of abuse and exploitation originating from the internet. List ways on how you can avoid danger affraid

on netiquette...
you should respect everybody elsae in the chatrooms, forums etc. just like talking face to face with others. respect begets respect. second, dont use immoral or vulgar words!!!thats a no no!!!u can only use it depending on what type of person you are communicating to and where you are in the net, example, if you are chatting with some not so crazy persons like proffesionals and even your friends in friendster and multiply, you should communicate with them in a nice way...it also depends on the situation, if magkaaway kayo!!!ehehehehe Smile and third, dont force someone who doesnt want to add you or get someones email address, its a personal thing, if that someone permits you so, you can. Very Happy

on ONLINE SAFETY

dont ever give your email addresses or usernames with someone you dont know, dont post it on you friendster or multiply profiles, they can bother you anytime they want. another is the confedentiality features of some on line community si tes like friendster, multiply, my space etc. they have this feature that they limit the viewing of your profiles to some selected people, and also, dont accept invites to people you dont know, like dont talk to strangers. the same applies to yahoo messengers and skype.

on ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS

i think on line relationships work for some. although somwe questions like, "how can you say that you love someone if you dont really know this man?" but like my mother's friend, she just chatted on the net and she built relationship with an american, and that guy said that she loved him adn she also feel the same too. one thing that i want to tell them that what is their proof that they love each other since their only thing that they do is talking each other in front of the computer!!!!you know, looks are decieving...you really dont know someone if you havent personally meet him. But still, it depends on the people involved, love is mysterious and even conqueres technological gadgets...
[b]
albertgni
albertgni

Back to top Go down

Post  Dorilyn Fuderanan Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:48 pm

Question ONLINE SAFETY

"Nettiquettes achochorba..."

1. Don't say something stupid just because they can't hit you in the face afterwards.
2. Don't dish out important and PRIVATE details about you. RISKY.
3. Don't believe everything you see, read, or hear. Chatrooms are full of posers and LIARS.

"Net Exploitation"

I still believe that people get exploited because they simply let their guard down. They dish out private and important details about themselves like home/office.school addresses, pictures, etc. That's why some are taking advantage of it.

"CybieRhp's... silent "

I still believe that romantic relationships should be kept intimate by personally nourishing it. Say this... you can't kiss for real or hug for real with your partner using your pc screens right. But then love knows no boundaries.
Dorilyn Fuderanan
Dorilyn Fuderanan

Back to top Go down

Post  cathy_tia Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:02 pm

NETIQUETTE

You still have to mind your manners even online. Send at least three (3) netiquette rules that should be observed when participating in chartrooms, discussion boards, etc.

1st respect every person in the chartroom even if you don’t see and communicating with them personally.

2nd avoid using vulgar and malicious thing while chatting; don’t be to boastful and confident to be safe hiding in the monitor. Those people who are boastful and have unethical manners in chatting are those who have a very low self esteem. They are grabbing the opportunity hiding inside the monitor and doing does crazy and stupid things which really as well they experienced.

3rd if you just want to jerk a person in the chat room, then your not belong in this place

ONLINE SAFETY

There have been a lot of cases of abuse and exploitation originating from the internet. List ways on how you can avoid danger

Never trust easily, especially on blind date, be careful

Never use internet on finding a relationship because its very risky

Do not entertain easily

Be allert

Make a separate account for chatting

ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS

There are many aspects which can consider as answer to these questions

In finding a relationship, we are searching for the right person for us, looking for the inner personality are part of the stage or what we mostly say “ getting to know each other” stage. Ignoring the personal appearance and by chatting comfortably to a person is a way which we can show and express our self (providing that pretensions are not exhibited) it’s easier to know each other well. In this case, we can say that there can be a true filling to your opposite sex may develop in this situation.

But still, personal communication are very important, we can hide everything inside the monitor. Its very risky
cathy_tia
cathy_tia

Back to top Go down

Post  mike_viesca23 Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:39 pm

ONLINE SAFETY

There have been a lot of cases of abuse and exploitation originating from the internet. List ways on how you can avoid danger

first, don't use internet anymore if you feel abuse or something..

second, don't talk to me regarding this. talk to my hand...

third, consult a physician if you're having trouble in your health
mike_viesca23
mike_viesca23

Back to top Go down

Post  mike_viesca23 Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:48 pm

NETIQUETTE

ofcoarse you still have to mind your manners even online. let me give you some rules regarding this topic. but please, don't be so amaze i'm just giving you an idea.

RULE #1: Stand by me...
always stand by me and will remain strong., the power is in me.

RULE #2: Respect....
You should respect others as you respect me. bwahaha just think of a happy thoughts. make
people feel that they are special.

RULE #3: Show me the money...
If you have money, you can approach me for the third rule. it makes me feel so good...

So, Guys just follow this rules and you'll surpass all the obstacle in yourlife and this SUBJECT!!!!
mike_viesca23
mike_viesca23

Back to top Go down

Post  elize balba Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:50 pm

Question NETIQUETTE

Question ONLINE SAFETY

NETIQUETTE:

1. PRIVACY - mind your own business!
2. RESPECT - avoid harassment, bullying and discrimination!
3. OPTIMISM - be positive to your responses instead of using negative or vulgar words!

ONLINE SAFETY:

1. Protect your PC or Laptop - block viruses, hackers and other threats!
2. Protect yourself, transactions and money - dont fall for advance fee fraud!
3. Protect your privacy - use strong passwords, because your passwords are the key to your internet life!

Last edited by on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
elize balba
elize balba

Back to top Go down

Post  elize balba Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:53 pm

Question NETIQUETTE

Question ONLINE SAFETY

NETIQUETTE:

3. OPTIMISM - be positive to your responses instead of using negative or vulgar words!

ONLINE SAFETY:

3. Protect your privacy - use strong passwords, because your passwords are the key to your internet life![/quote]

Last edited by on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
elize balba
elize balba

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics Empty NETIQUETTE

Post  kc_garces0402 Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:53 pm

1. respect your chat
2. be polite
3. give good discussion or topics
ONLINE SAFETY
-Avoid give your usernames,password,email address that will track your address, dont entertain that you consider as a stranger that will bother you evrytime you check your acccount.
ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS
Can you consider cyber relationships to be TRUE relationships? Can you really consider someone a GF/BF if you have never met a person offline? You can talk about your own experiences (good or bad) in any of these topics to help enlighten other people.
- No, for me it is better that you get to know the person and court you in a traditional way..cyber chat is one way were some peoplee abuse there dignity and one way of prostitution.

kc_garces0402

Back to top Go down

Post  Dorilyn Fuderanan Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:32 pm

mike_viesca23 wrote:NETIQUETTE

ofcoarse you still have to mind your manners even online. let me give you some rules regarding this topic. but please, don't be so amaze i'm just giving you an idea.

You should respect others as you respect me. bwahaha just think of a happy thoughts. make

If you have money, you can approach me for the third rule. it makes me feel so good...

So, Guys just follow this rules and you'll surpass all the obstacle in yourlife and this SUBJECT!!!!

amen Mike... amen. Laughing tongue
Dorilyn Fuderanan
Dorilyn Fuderanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dorilyn Fuderanan Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:34 pm

albertgni wrote:

Question ONLINE SAFETY

on netiquette...
you should respect everybody elsae in the chatrooms, forums etc. just like talking face to face with others. respect begets respect. second, dont use immoral or vulgar words!!!thats a no no!!!u can only use it depending on what type of person you are communicating to and where you are in the net, example, if you are chatting with some not so crazy persons like proffesionals and even your friends in friendster and multiply, you should communicate with them in a nice way...it also depends on the situation, if magkaaway kayo!!!ehehehehe Smile and third, dont force someone who doesnt want to add you or get someones email address, its a personal thing, if that someone permits you so, you can. Very Happy

on ONLINE SAFETY

dont ever give your email addresses or usernames with someone you dont know, dont post it on you friendster or multiply profiles, they can bother you anytime they want. another is the confedentiality features of some on line community si tes like friendster, multiply, my space etc. they have this feature that they limit the viewing of your profiles to some selected people, and also, dont accept invites to people you dont know, like dont talk to strangers. the same applies to yahoo messengers and skype.

on ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS

i think on line relationships work for some. although somwe questions like, "how can you say that you love someone if you dont really know this man?" but like my mother's friend, she just chatted on the net and she built relationship with an american, and that guy said that she loved him adn she also feel the same too. one thing that i want to tell them that what is their proof that they love each other since their only thing that they do is talking each other in front of the computer!!!!you know, looks are decieving...you really dont know someone if you havent personally meet him. But still, it depends on the people involved, love is mysterious and even conqueres technological gadgets...
[b]

grabeh... i'm so touched... ang galing mo bakla... amen to you... cheers lol!
Dorilyn Fuderanan
Dorilyn Fuderanan

Back to top Go down

Post  jm_oracion Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:21 pm

Question ONLINE SAFETY

On NETIQUETTE

1. Give respect to the opinion of other people in the chatroom, discussion forum etc.
2. Learn to read and listen to what the person will say first. NEVER interrupt their chain of thoughts.
3. In chatroom, say "thanks" for the people whom you interact with because they can become good friends once you meet them in real world.

ONLINE SAFETY

1. Be wary of the sites you are visiting in. Some sites may contain viruses, adwares and spywares.
2. Use programs such as anti-keylogger, anti-spyware/adware and anti-virus to protect you from online virii and computer hackers.
3. Keep track of your activity in your PC and the files that you've accessed. With this, you could determine if you're being hacked by someone if the files that recently accessed were not used by yourself.

ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS

No, I could not consider it as a true relationship because both of you are hiding inside the cyberspace. There is no physical contact with both parties and it could not help mature relationships. Based on experience, cyberspace service such as online community and chat can serve as a tool to know someone but you must meet with them personally. But still, you must be very careful when doing it because other people may use it to deceive or harass (verbal or sexual). It can also help to those married couples whose other partner is outside the country. It can help them get in touch with their love one.

jm_oracion

Back to top Go down

Post  jm_oracion Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:25 pm

neldyjacinto wrote:A. You still have to mind your manners even online. Send at least three (3) netiquette rules that should be observed when participating in chatrooms, discussion boards, etc.
1. Observe respect while chatting and avoid using bad or foul words.
2. Limit the information to give especially when you dont know personally the person you've exchange conversation in chatting. As much as possible, dont tell anybody some personal information that can be risky for your own safety.
3. Do not give information to others without the consent or permission of your chat mates.

ONLINE SAFETY

There have been a lot of cases of abuse and exploitation originating from the internet. List ways on how you can avoid danger.
1. As much as possible avoid sharing and revealing personal information to others especially to those you dont know.
2. When you feel or witness having a sensual topic, try to change it or avoid it.
3. dont post some revealing or too sexy pictures in the internet to lessen harrasment. This can lead to declining of respect especially to the boys who have dirty minds.
4. If you encounter some foul messages or a message to a stranger, if it's not important disregard it.
5. Using internet can also be associated like what is happening in using cellphne. There maybe chances that when to stranger especially with the opposite sex encounter a conversation wih others, there's a tendency for them to meet. Avoid meeting with people you do not know especially if you 're on you're own.
6. Internet especially those website that uses mail create an environment for the subscriber to create a different personality inorder to protect themselves or to make other to have a false beleve. Dont easily give your trust to them.
7. Project a respectable image even in the internet. there's a big chance that your account will be exposed to millions of internet subscriber, and the pictures and the words you use can be a basis for you to be judge by others.
8. As much as possible have your own privacy to your account with the help of your own username and password to avoid others to use yoour own account.
9. When using the internet especially when renting to the computer shops, be sure to close all the windows, especially those accounts that you have tp prevent others to use it.
10. use the internet as a way of communicating with others with more benefits but observe netiquette rules in order to avoid abuse or exploitation.

Tama naman ang lahat ng sinabi mo, Neldy. One must be cautious while on online. There are others that use the internet to harass or deceive you. Maging alerto lagi kapag nakikipagusap thru the internet.

jm_oracion

Back to top Go down

Post  jm_oracion Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:29 pm

albertgni wrote:

Question ONLINE SAFETY

on netiquette...

on ONLINE SAFETY

on ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS

[b]

Depende nga siguro sa tao na gumagamit ng internet. Maybe for me eh it won't work for now but I'm also looking towards the internet will help me to meet the girl of my dreams. In fact, it is now helping me to check what is happening to the girl whom I love to meet someday.

jm_oracion

Back to top Go down

Post  albertgni Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Dorilyn Fuderanan wrote:

Question ONLINE SAFETY

"Nettiquettes achochorba..."

1. Don't say something stupid just because they can't hit you in the face afterwards.
2. Don't dish out important and PRIVATE details about you. RISKY.
3. Don't believe everything you see, read, or hear. Chatrooms are full of posers and LIARS.

"Net Exploitation"

I still believe that people get exploited because they simply let their guard down. They dish out private and important details about themselves like home/office.school addresses, pictures, etc. That's why some are taking advantage of it.

"CybieRhp's... silent "

I still believe that romantic relationships should be kept intimate by personally nourishing it. Say this... you can't kiss for real or hug for real with your partner using your pc screens right. But then love knows no boundaries.

correct ate doray...why should you trust yourself on someone you barely didnt ever knew... Cool
albertgni
albertgni

Back to top Go down

Post  albertgni Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:50 pm

Dorilyn Fuderanan wrote:
albertgni wrote:

Question ONLINE SAFETY

on netiquette...

on ONLINE SAFETY

on ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS

[b]

grabeh... i'm so touched... ang galing mo bakla... amen to you... cheers lol!

i know ate doray...i know im a bright kid!!!!ehrherehrher Smile Very Happy
albertgni
albertgni

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics Empty netiquette

Post  jlcaraan Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Netiquette or "network ettiquette" is a convention on electronic forums (Usenet, mailing lists, live chat, and Internet forums) to facilitate efficient interaction. In simple terms, Netiquette primarily involves any communication you may send out or receive from the net.
Based on what I've research here is a list of Guidelines from RFC:1855(http://www.albury.net.au/new-users/netiquet.htm);for E-mail,Mailing Lists and NetNews, and Interactive Services (eg Internet Relay Chat - IRC):

E-mail:• If your Internet access is through a corporate account, check with your employer about their policy regarding private e-mail.
• Don't assume any Internet communication is completely secure. "Never put in a mail message anything you would not put on a postcard". Likewise, independently verify any suspect mail, as addresses can be forged.
• If you are forwarding or re-posting a message, don't change the original wording.
• If you are replying to a message, quote only the relevant parts.
• Never send chain letters, they are forbidden on the Internet. Notify you System Administrator if you receive one.
• Do not send abusive or heated messages (flames). If you receive a flame, it is best to ignore it.
• Take care with addressing mail.
• Allow time for mail to be received, and replied to, keeping in mind time differences around the world and other people's busy schedules.
• If you want your mail to be read, don't make it too long unless the receiver is expecting a verbose message. Over 100 lines is considered long.
• Remember the Internet is a global community, and other peoples values and outlook on life may be different to your own. Be tolerant and careful with slang or phrases that may not be understood in another country.
• Use mixed case, UPPER CASE LOOKS AS IF YOU'RE SHOUTING.
• Mail should have a subject header that reflects the content of the message.
• Unsolicited e-mail advertising is unwelcome (and forbidden in many countries).
• When attaching files, don't send any larger than about 50k.
• If posting to Newsgroups, be aware that many are archived, and the archives are available for a very long time. Don't say anything that might come back and haunt you years down the track. It is generally not possible to retrieve messages once they have been sent.
• Be very careful about advertising, some groups welcome it, most others do not!
• Watch for and read any FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) before posting a question to the group.
• Messages should be concise and relevant to the group. Don't post messages to inappropriate newsgroups.
• Spelling mistakes tend to be the rule rather than the exception. Questioning someone else's spelling is not good netiquette, and not necessary unless it occurs in a critical place, like a possibly mis-spelt URL
• Don't get involved in or respond to Flame Wars.
• If you find a newsgroup or topic offensive, avoid it. Sending harassing messages to the group is not only frowned on, it may be illegal.
• Keep private messages private, don't post to the group as well.
• If you find a topic that offends you, then don't join it.
• If you find yourself in a channel that becomes offensive to you, leave it.
• Unacceptable behaviour on your part may get you banned from that server.
________________________________________[url]
jlcaraan
jlcaraan

Back to top Go down

Post  jlcaraan Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Question ONLINE SAFETY

1) Have a Strong password and do not let anyone know or get your password
2) Be secure in downloading or installing software or doing anything that could possibly hurt our computer or jeopardize my privacy.
3) Must not do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
4) I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable.
jlcaraan
jlcaraan

Back to top Go down

Post  jlcaraan Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:45 pm

I can consider some Cyber Relationships to be true like what has been show in one of the recent episode of i-witness ata un... um Filipina have meet his american husband by the internet where there luv has blossom and soon they had been married....Pero some are not i think cyber relationships is merely an infatuation and me myself i dont want to have a GF that I haven't Seen in person kasi malay mu bading pla un taz nagpapanggap lang na girl edi lugi. and also mhirap n pgngonline lang kayo nagkakausap walang personal touch parang ndi mu ramdam um pag sasabi ng I Luv U!!!hehehe
jlcaraan
jlcaraan

Back to top Go down

Post  albertgni Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:12 pm

jm_oracion wrote:
albertgni wrote:

Question ONLINE SAFETY

on netiquette...

on ONLINE SAFETY

on ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS

[b]

Depende nga siguro sa tao na gumagamit ng internet. Maybe for me eh it won't work for now but I'm also looking towards the internet will help me to meet the girl of my dreams. In fact, it is now helping me to check what is happening to the girl whom I love to meet someday.

but still, you really dont know who are you talking to...looks are decieving, she might just make loko to you, eh kung yung real relationship nga na mgkasama kayo all the time e kaya nyong maglokohan, what more if you are just talking with her in front of the computer...think about it... Very Happy
albertgni
albertgni

Back to top Go down

Post  albertgni Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:23 pm

mike_viesca23 wrote:NETIQUETTE

bravo mike!!!!bravo!!!!such a wonderful tips and suggestions!!! rabbit lol!
albertgni
albertgni

Back to top Go down

Post  ishie_barundia Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:42 am

Question ONLINE SAFETY

NETIQUETTE

1. Learn to communicate in a polite and friendly manner in order to somehow gain respect, trust and credibility.
2. Keep a decent image even online and never let anybody abuse you. If this happens, there are regulations & policies that are made to protect users like us with this kind of maltreatment (as far as I know).
3. Before entering to chatrooms or online discussions which you are not yet aware of, "listen" first to get to know the culture of the group or the person. In that way, you'll be able to estimate how far you'll give your own information, thoughts and ideas.
4. Consider giving proper credits if you have sources in order to substantially identify the work of others (somehow for legality).
5. Make sure you are on the right track by being consistent in protecting your privacy and identity.

ONLINE SAFETY

1. Regularly scan for viruses.
2. Password protect your personal web page.
3. Keep your personal information privately such as real name, phone, address, age, gender, URL or e-mail ID (especially to people you really don't know).
4. Secure your computer so that only authorized users can gain access to it.
5. Use Firewall if possible (a software that can protect computers).

ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS

In my own opinion, it depends to both parties involved if they are truly in love or not or rather if its true or not. Still, it is more appropriate if the relationship is not through cyberspace for I still believe in the old fashioned way of courting and having a relationship but then again with the innovations we are experiencing right now; let's give this kind of relationship a try for it might work out for some. As what they say distance does not separate the hearts. ♥♥♥

::.ishie.::
♥XOXO♥
ishie_barundia
ishie_barundia

Back to top Go down

Post  ishie_barundia Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:56 am

elize balba wrote:Question NETIQUETTE

Question ONLINE SAFETY

NETIQUETTE:

ONLINE SAFETY:

3. Protect your privacy - use strong passwords, because your passwords are the key to your internet life!
[/quote]

I agree with you..Protection is the number one key for online safety! Very Happy
ishie_barundia
ishie_barundia

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics Empty midterm questionÜ

Post  lance_spearBFF Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:12 pm

Question NETIQUETTE

Question ONLINE SAFETY

NETIQUETTE

-Read the rules of the chat room, forum, or online community before you post a message.
-Stay on topic.
-Don't use offensive language or vulgar words.
-In email, dont send or forward messges with virus.

ONLINE SAFETY

-Always secure your computer. Dont tell your password just keep it to yourself. rabbit hehe!
-Regularly scan for viruses. Always scan the files that you downloaded at the Internet.
-Use a firewall. To prevent from the pop-up webpage.
-Install anti-virus software. To prevent your pc from virus infection.

ONLINE RELATIONSHIP

Everything is possible. There are some successful love story online, but most weren't that lucky. For me, it so absurd to fall in love with a person whom you doesn't really know personally. As if youre having a relationship with the wind. Desperate is the name of this game. People who find their luck in their love life online are the people who were desperate of getting a partner for a while or for life. This people were just fooling theirselves. hahah! Exclamation <i think i talk nonsense> Laughing

...<im so mean>...
Twisted Evil
lance_spearBFF
lance_spearBFF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next