Online Babble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midterm Discussion Topics

+130
harlymaylumagui
sig_angeles
carlajavellana
kuai_dumol
yen_miller0919
Lito Delapena
jefftenedero
joanna_tiu
mahalmartinez
markpimentel08
John Michael Umali
beltranjoana19
aizamdeguzman
aryen_jumaya
levi_martin
angel_saladojr
aben
mikashintome
nikki_sunga
con divino23
escarcha
rowenaperez
BeeJ_Santos
ishtin_delacruz
faithy
luigimanoza
holden
jimcasipit
Canceran Renz Briane F. C
mike tulang
hared_hachero
Francisco_Lim
Jovi_salud
paulojolejole
jamesdaplas
rhej89
jeanilyn_angeles
wrcrofule
raisa_marie
francesacoquia0811
joycetapan
abbyalvarado
neahmawak
thon_olivay
kenjohn
derrick_delgado
jacquelynrosal
alfantemitch
kris
noellaenriquez
roselynfuensalida
audree_somera
jriosa
mundo_rocks
rosanduque
mark_totanes
john316
mcloyola
raycharlesdelagua
mjaneenriquez
glennalba
karrencasue
ranniesantiago
kristinemadolid
wilmark_sarmiento
ErikkaToledo
Toni Ross Masinsin
rvasquez
andrearebadavia
ivanneyanga
alexander galinato
donabelleluna
mylenecportugaleza
kristeldiaz_714
edlyn_penaranda
vullagmyka
mangaserchel
vjr8
kellybarachina
ivymarieboquiren
jewel_apacible
joshuajames
maricris lim
klgalang3598
xxkpatino
nicolasFE
shiela_fababeir
senjindesagun
mhy_rodriguez
Graciel Katibog
vyhel_apolito
bm_valencia
alemmuli
RichelGrubat
maryjane
tiehermosilla
raufrankalfaro
mark ramos
Alcoba, Cristina
pao_guerrero
maryruth_santos
juno.pestano
r.abendan
rrreysag
ChiquiPalanca
johnrossmisa
jenpallesco
lou.sierra
medo_domingo
haidelyn
rjt_vargas
nramos
na_ballesteros
markadriandino
ynall_nosaj11
xenen
gerald_sanchez
zanderalarcos
lance_spearBFF
ishie_barundia
jlcaraan
jm_oracion
kc_garces0402
elize balba
mike_viesca23
cathy_tia
Dorilyn Fuderanan
albertgni
neldyjacinto
arlynne.awayan
134 posters

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty HI.. .

Post  na_ballesteros Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:09 pm

NETIQUETTE:

Use Proper Netiquette
The term “netiquette” comes from “Net” (short for Internet) and “etiquette” (a code of proper behavior). So, netiquette refers to proper etiquette on the Internet. Basically, it means being polite to others as well as following generally accepted rules related to composing and responding to correspondence on the Web.

Don’t Give Out Personal Information
All you know about other participants of chat room discussions is what they choose to present to you. You don’t necessarily know who they really are or why they are participating. So, it’s best not to give out personal information about yourself, your address, phone number, or your finances—especially your credit card number. An exception could be a particular group that has a membership fee. In any case, always use caution on the Internet.

Allow Others to Have Their Say
You may have important points to share during a chat discussion. Other participants probably do too. Share the time.

ONLINE SAFETY

Don’t give important information that can lead you into danger
Know your limits
observe privacy

ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS

Yes due to the fact that love knows no boundaries. When it comes into your way, you can’t do anything but to follow what your heart desires whether it’s by hook or by crook. Moreover, it’s actually proven that online relationship works for there are many people testified about this. Majority are those with personal experiences.
Very Happy
na_ballesteros
na_ballesteros

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty ...

Post  na_ballesteros Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:12 pm

arlynne.awayan wrote:Question NETIQUETTE

You still have to mind your manners even online. Send at least three (3) netiquette rules that should be observed when participating in chatrooms, discussion boards, etc.

Question ONLINE SAFETY

There have been a lot of cases of abuse and exploitation originating from the internet. List ways on how you can avoid danger affraid

Question ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS

Can you consider cyber relationships to be TRUE relationships? Can you really consider someone a GF/BF if you have never met a person offline?

You can talk about your own experiences (good or bad) in any of these topics to help enlighten other people.

Smile Smile Smile

NETIQUETTE:

While in the chat room, keep in mind:

1. The speed and quality of your response is
more important than the correctness of the
typing

2. Your comments should be brief and to the
point. Longer messages should be broken
up into chunks.

3. The Basic Rule of Netiquette: “Remember
the Human”. Even though you are
communicating electronically, remember
there is a person on the other end
receiving your message.

ONLINE SAFETY:

Never give up personal information
Recognize the instant messenger
Observe netiquette rules in the internet
Project a respectable image
Don’t ever give your full trust to someone you don’t really know

ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS:

For some yes! For the reason that there are certain numbers of people who are getting married having partners that they’ve just met through the internet. Most of them are Filipinos and Americans.
na_ballesteros
na_ballesteros

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty Re: Midterm Discussion Topics

Post  na_ballesteros Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:16 pm

markadriandino wrote:

You still have to mind your manners even online. Send at least three (3) netiquette rules that should be observed when participating in chatrooms, discussion boards, etc.

Question ONLINE SAFETY

There have been a lot of cases of abuse and exploitation originating from the internet. List ways on how you can avoid danger affraid

Can you consider cyber relationships to be TRUE relationships? Can you really consider someone a GF/BF if you have never met a person offline?

You can talk about your own experiences (good or bad) in any of these topics to help enlighten other people.

NETIQUETTE RULES that should be observed when participating in chatrooms, discussion boards, etc.:

1. Allow all users to make comments and ask questions. Don't try to take control of the room by flooding it with your own entries. bounce

2. Avoid direct confrontations with rude users. Report disruptive users to the chat host if a host is available. Otherwise, leave the chat room. Exclamation

3. Don't harass other users with threats, unwanted sexual comments or anything else that might make them uncomfortable. No

ONLINE SAFETY:

1. Never reveal personally - identifiable information online.
- It's like putting your picture and address on a billboard! tongue

2. Never arrange meetings with strangers.
- There are creepy people out there. affraid

3. Don't believe everything you read or see online.
- People lie. No

4. Don't respond to inappropriate messages or emails.
- Don't give them the satisfaction. cheers

5. Be leery of personal questions from strangers.
- You never know who you could be talking to. Twisted Evil

6. Don't post inappropriate content.
- You don't want to see it but somebody wants to see it. Like a Star @ heaven

7. Understand what you put online will be there forever, unless you delete your Tagged profile and separately any videos, or photos you uploaded to Tag.
- One mistake can last a lifetime. Twisted Evil

8. Visit online safety websites.
- Safety rocks! Smile

ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS:

Hmmmm...I don't have any own experiences (good or bad) in this topic but I think I can help enlighten other people about it... Very Happy
For me, I don't think so that cyber relationships be TRUE relationships because we know that many people have found true and lasting love through online relationships, but there are also some dangers with an online relationship that one has to always keep in mind. They have also a lot of advantages and disadvantages when enter it. Online relationships are some of the newest types of relationships that there are. With the Internet, you can move much more quickly and they tend to feel more genuine then they really are. No matter how long you have been chatting with someone else, you still need to keep the online relationships in check and not let the other person get too comfortable. There are, of course, many online relationships that turn into long term relationships and even marriage. And I think that's the advantages of it. On the other hand, one of the most common problems with online relationships is when a person goes online and registers with a dating site under all false information. They put up a picture of someone else and all of the details about them are totally fabricated. Many people will do this so that they can "be" the type of person that they have always wanted to be. They will present themselves as being younger, better looking, better educated and more successful then they really are. So, in other words through my long answer... Very Happy , you can't really consider someone your GF/BF if you have never met a person offline. alien

clown clown clown

YOU ACTUALLY HAVE AN INTELLIGiBLE IDEA ABOUT ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS. THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. IT GAVE ME ADDITIONAL UNDERSTANDING CONCERNING ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS.. .
na_ballesteros
na_ballesteros

Back to top Go down

Post  na_ballesteros Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:22 pm

ynall_nosaj11 wrote:
WHAT CAN I SAY ABOUT THIS CYBER RELATIONSHIP?

as far as i know from other people experiences, they believe in cyber relationships. even if they've never met before or for a long span of time they still have this what we called COMMUNICATION through the INTERNET. communication is a very important component in a relationship. even if how far or near you are with your partner, if you don't have a good communucation built-in, you are not successful for the relationship you're in. they believe that through this Internet, they can find their true love, their true partner in life. but in reality, they are into this kind of relationship or shall i say behavior, they are just doing this for their own good. some or most of the time, they are hoping that they can marry a foreigner for them to uplift their living and help the family and relatives. foreigners who are also into this cyber relationship is not easy to be determine if they really are sincere of the times they talked to their internet partner. because most of the Internet users, especially the men, they are just doing so to find pleasure like sex. cyber relationship is becoming more and more famous this days. this is because of the relaity that many are now experiencing the guilt of being a poor citizen in the country.

i agree to what you have said. that kind of activity is enormous nowadays. we must know how to protect and respect our self when it comes to that kind of matter.
na_ballesteros
na_ballesteros

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty reply on

Post  nramos Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:39 am

yes i think so. its always depend on a type of person in the relationship. there are living people who experience that and they are still on it and making happy memories together...

nramos

Back to top Go down

Post  rjt_vargas Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:11 am

netiquette:

1. always make a permission before entering a private rooms or accounts...

2. gave a right information and dont just fool your chatmate...

3. make a proper way of signing of (mag paalam ng maayos sa ka chat hindi bigla nalang nag sign off)

online safety:

1. make sure that you log off your account properly before leving the site...

2. dont make your yahoo massanger always in public...

3. have a password accounts that was unique and only you yourself know...
rjt_vargas
rjt_vargas

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty reply..

Post  haidelyn Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:33 am

NETIQUETTE
1. Read the rules or guidelines of the chatroom, forum or online community before you post.
2. Dont use your full name and don't ask others full name too.
3. Don't use offensive language.

ONLINE SAFETY
1. Become computer literate and learn how to block objectrionable material.
2. Monitor your credit card and phone bills for unfamiliar account charges.
3. Follow the rules you set, as well as those set by your Internet service provider.

ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS
As my own opinion on this matter is concern, I don't have faith on this situation. Co'z you don't really know whom you are talking too. There must be atleast personal interaction between two opposite sex before you consider that you are really loved each other. Practically speaking, there are lots of factors to be consider in having commitment with the opposite sex. right?!?

haidelyn

Back to top Go down

Post  haidelyn Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:40 am

albertgni wrote:
Dorilyn Fuderanan wrote:

Question ONLINE SAFETY

"Nettiquettes achochorba..."

1. Don't say something stupid just because they can't hit you in the face afterwards.
2. Don't dish out important and PRIVATE details about you. RISKY.
3. Don't believe everything you see, read, or hear. Chatrooms are full of posers and LIARS.

"Net Exploitation"

I still believe that people get exploited because they simply let their guard down. They dish out private and important details about themselves like home/office.school addresses, pictures, etc. That's why some are taking advantage of it.

"CybieRhp's... silent "

I still believe that romantic relationships should be kept intimate by personally nourishing it. Say this... you can't kiss for real or hug for real with your partner using your pc screens right. But then love knows no boundaries.

correct ate doray...why should you trust yourself on someone you barely didnt ever knew... Cool

>>>>I agree! I can't imagine of having a partner without a personal interaction with that him..

haidelyn

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty kinda!

Post  medo_domingo Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:52 am

nramos wrote:Can you consider cyber relationships to be TRUE relationships? Can you really consider someone a GF/BF if you have never met a person offline?

yes i think so. its always depend on a type of person in the relationship. there are living people who experience that and they are still on it and making happy memories together...

Hmmmm.... yeah... every individual is different... every couple is different... it is the love between the two persons that is to be considered in getting into a relationship... but i don't agree with long distance relationships... presence is still impt... Rolling Eyes
medo_domingo
medo_domingo

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty midterm discussion

Post  lou.sierra Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:36 pm

Netiquettes
1. Don't use offending words.
2. Don't even provoke to have fights with chatmates.
3. Be coueteous in approaching your chatmates or if you want to open a particular topic.

On Line Safety
We can't deny that almost everything is now going on line. We can noow purchase differebt goods or even choose a service on line. We can also entertain ourselves and meet friends via internet and more by creating our personalized websites. But how can we protect ourselves from invaders?
What we can do is to have our passwords very confidential. We also know that more and more filipinos are getting inclined to internet surfing but are still using the computers in shops. On that case, we should make sure that our accounts are properly logged-out to avoid other users to open it. We ca also make our website private so that we can just choose selected people to view our site.

On Line Relationship

For me, on line relatiobship should not be considered a serious one. It is because anyone can hide his/her true identity just for fun or for whatever reason. Specially for girlls, they should not be deceived by flowery words. They should not give in ealily in meeting someone they just met via internet. And on my own point of view, a real relationship should be developed with a person whom you knoe has good intentions. But how can you make sure that his/her intentions are real behind the computer???

lou.sierra

Back to top Go down

Post  jenpallesco Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:49 pm

mike_viesca23 wrote:ONLINE SAFETY

There have been a lot of cases of abuse and exploitation originating from the internet. List ways on how you can avoid danger

first, don't use internet anymore if you feel abuse or something..

second, don't talk to me regarding this. talk to my hand...

third, consult a physician if you're having trouble in your health

cat cat cat wah!!! dont use the internet????!!!! or maybe any networking or chatrooms or any site of the like .. hahaha
what an answer huh..?!!! toink toinkz!!!
jenpallesco
jenpallesco

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty a reply to lou... (metd)

Post  medo_domingo Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:43 pm

lou.sierra wrote:Netiquettes
1. Don't use offending words.
2. Don't even provoke to have fights with chatmates.
3. Be coueteous in approaching your chatmates or if you want to open a particular topic.

On Line Safety
We can't deny that almost everything is now going on line. We can noow purchase differebt goods or even choose a service on line. We can also entertain ourselves and meet friends via internet and more by creating our personalized websites. But how can we protect ourselves from invaders?
What we can do is to have our passwords very confidential. We also know that more and more filipinos are getting inclined to internet surfing but are still using the computers in shops. On that case, we should make sure that our accounts are properly logged-out to avoid other users to open it. We ca also make our website private so that we can just choose selected people to view our site.

On Line Relationship

For me, on line relatiobship should not be considered a serious one. It is because anyone can hide his/her true identity just for fun or for whatever reason. Specially for girlls, they should not be deceived by flowery words. They should not give in ealily in meeting someone they just met via internet. And on my own point of view, a real relationship should be developed with a person whom you knoe has good intentions. But how can you make sure that his/her intentions are real behind the computer???

Hi... nice insights from you indeed... i like the way you express your views in each of the following cases... got same ideas with you especially on line relationships... girls must be wise enough in dealing with boys in the internet... they should know how to determine what's serious from not... there are many deceiving people nowadays... u should only trust the people whom u've known for a long time... it is true that a good foundation for a real and serious relationship is friendship... cheers

Last edited by on Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
medo_domingo
medo_domingo

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty On Netiquette (metd)

Post  medo_domingo Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:54 pm

NETIQUETTE

THE CORE RULES OF NETIQUETTE
• Rule 1: Remember the Human
• Rule 2: Adhere to the same standards of behavior online that you follow in real life
• Rule 3: Know where you are in cyberspace
• Rule 4: Respect other people's time and bandwidth
• Rule 5: Make yourself look good online
• Rule 6: Share expert knowledge
• Rule 7: Help keep flame wars under control
• Rule 8: Respect other people's privacy
• Rule 9: Don't abuse your power
• Rule 10: Be forgiving of other people's mistakes
sunny

Last edited by on Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
medo_domingo
medo_domingo

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty On Online Safety (metd)

Post  medo_domingo Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:13 pm

ONLINE SAFETY

ONLINE SAFETY RULES

1. Never agree to meet in person with anyone you have spoken to online.
2. Never tell anyone online where you will be or what you will be doing.
3. Never send a picture over the Internet or via regular mail to anyone you've met on the Internet.
4. Always tell someone you know about anything you saw, intentionally or unintentionally, that is upsetting.
5. Never buy or order products online or give out any credit card information online. sunny

Last edited by on Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
medo_domingo
medo_domingo

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty kjgasfghwifhgw

Post  johnrossmisa Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:10 pm

tama kayong lahat mga kaibigan iagree sa inyong lahat... Very Happy

johnrossmisa

Back to top Go down

Post  ChiquiPalanca Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:17 pm

[color:"red"] confused
1. if you are in a discussion room with a specific topic example about music..avoid posting posts off-topic, like about personal life etc...always remember that people in this disscusssion forms like this go there to learn, share andinteract with other people with the same hobby, or passion for the topic. This kind of rooms are titled that way beacuse it's the "room topic" and that's what people in the room wants to talk about. Surprised </FONT>
ChiquiPalanca
ChiquiPalanca

Back to top Go down

Post  rrreysag Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:23 pm

arlynne.awayan wrote:Question ONLINE SAFETY

Online safety speaking, the best way is to AVOID THE SITE itself where such abuses are often reported or observed. It is very obvious that to avoid something, the easiest way to is to keep away from it. Another is to KEEP YOUR conf-IDENTI-ali-TY. The degree of abuses originating from the net are usually rooted from the number of personal info you’ve published. And SET BOUNDARIES. Normally, the abuse was just initiated. Do not start using foul words so you wont receive one either.

happy chatting!!! @ Wink
rrreysag
rrreysag

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty ^_^

Post  r.abendan Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:27 pm

Question ONLINE SAFETY

uhh 3 netiqette rules when chatting and posting...

lessee... off the top of my head would have to be

1) no swearing or using foul language (chatting, posting threads and replies)
2) no spamming or reposting threads in forums
3) no harassing or discriminating ^_^

ok... ways to avoid danger on the internet...
uhhh dont wanna bother saying anything because i really dont know what im talking about so ill just post something i found on the net about online rules for kids hehe XD here's the web address:

http://www.media-awareness.ca/english/resources/educational/handouts/internet/online_rules.cfm

Online Rules
I will not give out any personal information online without my parents' permission. This includes my name, phone number, address, e-mail, location of my school, my parents' work address/telephone numbers, credit card number information, and my picture.

When using the Internet, I will always use a pretend name or nickname that doesn't reveal anything about me.

When creating a password, I will make one up that is hard to guess but easy for me to remember. To avoid having it stolen, I will never reveal it to anyone (except my parents) - not even my best friend. I will not respond to any message that makes me uncomfortable. I will show an adult right away.

I will NOT arrange to meet a friend I have made on the Internet unless one of my parents has been informed and will be present. I will not open e-mail, files, links, pictures or games from people that I don't know or trust. I will always ask an adult first.

I will practice responsible online behaviour:

I will not post or send insulting or rude messages or threats to anyone online.

I will not take words, pictures or sounds from someone else's Web site without their permission.

I will not disable any filtering software my parents have put on the computer

I will not make any online purchases without my parents' permission.

I will not believe everything I read on the Internet. When doing online research, I will always check the source of the information and confirm it with a parent, teacher or librarian.

thats about it... ill post something about online relationships when ive had time to think about it XD hehe
r.abendan
r.abendan

Back to top Go down

Post  juno.pestano Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:29 pm

Question ONLINE SAFETY

NETIKET!!!!

1) You should always be polite and must identify your group in chatting because nowadays many minors pretend to be adults just of be in the group.

2) Don't act like your a very "cool" guy in the chat rooms because people will only deny your friendship in the chat rooms.

3) Create good and sensible conversations for the people in the chat rooom to be more comfortable with each other. It's like a getting to know stage!!! NAKS!!!

ONLINE SAFETY

- Don't accept messages from strangers!
- Have a good anti-virus system in your computer.
- Identify the person you are dealing with before anything else.
- Having a low profile makes it more secure!

ONLINE RELATIONSHIP!!!

-I really don't believe in relationship over the net. It's very "baduy!!!" because its like your dealing with your imagination and even if he or she has pictures over the net it'f really not that accurate of what he or she looks like in person. I have friends from high school who really enjoys this kind of stuff, but he likes it the dirty way, not the wholesome way!hehehehe

juno.pestano

Back to top Go down

Post  rrreysag Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:34 pm

arlynne.awayan wrote:Question ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS

Ehem!!! Honestly I don’t have personal experience on cyber relationship. But I think it is very much possible. All relationship is genuine as far as two people in love are concern, and to that I can attest!
I just want to share nevertheless my Ninang who found true love in the internet. She works in De La Salle Manila, and have a really bad social life. She just chats and surf the net during her leisure hours. And there she met her husband. And I tell you they are really getting well.
rrreysag
rrreysag

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty On Cyber Relationships (metd)

Post  medo_domingo Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:23 pm

You can talk about your own experiences (good or bad) in any of these topics to help enlighten other people.[/quote]

First of all, i have nothing against with cyber realtionships coz i have acquaintances whose into it... and i have heard of people who have met online, had a relationship and eventually became husband and wife... but i will not allow myself to get into that thing... I still believe in the traditional way of courting, where a boy who wants to court you would go to your house and ask the permission of your parents to do so... in that case, you can see the sincerity of the person and his good intentions on you... Well, that actually happened in my case when my boyfriend courted me... I'm very much open with my parents especially to my mom... I believe courting in your own house is still the best way to get to know the person... not only you but as well as ur family... it's a great feeling when i see that my special someone has a good relationship with my mom... that really counts in building a strong relationship with someone... how can you see the sincerity of the person if u'll not be able to see him and just depend on the communication through the net?! as i've said in my previous post, a good foundation to a true relationship is building a friendship... which can be developed through constant, actual and personal communication... sunny I love you

Last edited by on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
medo_domingo
medo_domingo

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty Hahaha!

Post  medo_domingo Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:42 pm

"juno.pestano wrote:
ONLINE RELATIONSHIP!!!

-I really don't believe in relationship over the net. It's very "baduy!!!" because its like your dealing with your imagination and even if he or she has pictures over the net it'f really not that accurate of what he or she looks like in person. I have friends from high school who really enjoys this kind of stuff, but he likes it the dirty way, not the wholesome way!hehehehe

Hahahahaha! you really made me laugh! Razz about the "baduy" thing... yeah... i do agree on that... it's kinda weird... u don't have an actual encounter with your loved one... how can you hug him/her to express affection?! sigh... Sad how will you nourish your realtionship when your apart?! it's really a big fantasy... rabbit hehehe... nwei, am just curious about the "dirty way" idea... how's that?! Question
medo_domingo
medo_domingo

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty a reply to jlcaraan...

Post  medo_domingo Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:52 pm

jlcaraan wrote:

Question ONLINE SAFETY

1) Have a Strong password and do not let anyone know or get your password
2) Be secure in downloading or installing software or doing anything that could possibly hurt our computer or jeopardize my privacy.
3) Must not do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
4) I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable.

I agree with all that you have said... nice ideas... people must really secure a and keep a password as a treasure... every person must protect him/herself in anyway... good tips! bounce
medo_domingo
medo_domingo

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty reply to reply...

Post  medo_domingo Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:06 pm

zanderalarcos wrote:
Dorilyn Fuderanan wrote:

Question ONLINE SAFETY

"Nettiquettes achochorba..."

1. Don't say something stupid just because they can't hit you in the face afterwards.
2. Don't dish out important and PRIVATE details about you. RISKY.
3. Don't believe everything you see, read, or hear. Chatrooms are full of posers and LIARS.

"Net Exploitation"

I still believe that people get exploited because they simply let their guard down. They dish out private and important details about themselves like home/office.school addresses, pictures, etc. That's why some are taking advantage of it.

"CybieRhp's... silent "

I still believe that romantic relationships should be kept intimate by personally nourishing it. Say this... you can't kiss for real or hug for real with your partner using your pc screens right. But then love knows no boundaries.
yahhp! this is true. i do also believe in you. correct. What's love without this. You can't even touch him/her. But as you said "love has no definite limitations"

All of you have a point... Love Knows No Boundaries... we have no right to judge other people... Let their life be... if they're enjoying and very much into that kind of relationship... and so be it... the only thing they should consider is protecting themselves... like what i've said, i've nothing against to cyber relationships... but i'm not and will not be into it... i can't see the true essence of love with online relationships... Shocked
medo_domingo
medo_domingo

Back to top Go down

Midterm Discussion Topics - Page 3 Empty Additional for Netiqutte (metd)

Post  medo_domingo Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:17 pm

[quote="arlynne.awayan"]Question NETIQUETTE

Ten Rules Of Netiquette
(www.learnntc.com)

If you are new to using email or if you have used it only occasionally, you may want to become more familiar with some of the general rules of writing email. The following are 10 good rules of netiquette or good manners when writing on the Internet.

1. Write a meaningful subject line
Never underestimate the importance of a subject line. Some people get hundreds of emails, so the trick is writing a descriptive subject line to catch the reader's attention. Saying "Chapter 11" could mean anything. If instead you said "Questions about Chapter 11," the recipient will know the topic of the email.
If all you have to say can be said in a few words, for example "Do we have to read chapter 5?" you might consider putting the whole content of your message in the subject line. That way the person on the other end won't have to open the email to get the point.

2. Keep it short
With email, you want to keep words to a minimum. The good thing about email is you can skip many formalities. Everyone expects you to get to the point. The rule here is less is better.

3. Avoid using ALL CAPS
On the Internet, writing in all CAPS means you are SHOUTING at someone. If you want to emphasize words, use *asterisks* around them.

4. Use your judgment with attachments
Do not send large attachments as they take a frustratingly long time to download, especially on older computers. Also, make sure that the person at the other end can open the type of file you are sending.

5. P-r-o-o-f-r-e-a-d
Always run a spell check on your emails, then proofread. The spell check may accept a word that exists in the dictionary, even if it does not make sense in the context of your sentence. An email with grammatical and spelling mistakes may make as bad an impression as a faulty resume.

6. Be careful what you say
Do not assume that your email will be seen only by the recipient; your mail can be forwarded any number of times.

7. Reply promptly
This makes a good impression, even if it's just to acknowledge you received an email.

8. Pay attention to formatting
It is very tempting to go wild with formatting to make text look more attractive, but control the impulse. Some users might have computers that cannot read certain kinds of formatting (font, size, color, etc.), so they will just receive the mail as gibberish. Emails with heavy formatting are larger and may even cause older computers to crash.

9. Do not be flame happy
A flame is an angry and sometimes abusive email message. Flames are part of email tradition, but you have to be careful. Also, guard against flame wars, sending flames back and forth among two or more people, as these tend to get nasty and can lead to bad feelings among an online group.

10. Reply to or forward an email to which you are referring
When you want to refer to something in an email someone sent sometime back, just forward the earlier email and add your comments within the message. This way, people receiving the email will know the context in which they should read your mail. This is called a thread.
Cool
medo_domingo
medo_domingo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next