Online Babble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finals Discussion Question

+131
angel_saladojr
princess
kent_tan
Jovi_salud
lauricequintero
matthewamertorres
kris
kseth_kc11
jimcasipit
carlajavellana
beltranjoana19
mangaserchel
audree_somera
Francisco_Lim
ishie_barundia
mike tulang
alfantemitch
kenjohn
wilmark_sarmiento
haidelyn
thon_olivay
mark_totanes
wrcrofule
lance_spearBFF
jriosa
maryjane
kimptan
luigimanoza
jeanilyn_angeles
jewel_apacible
abbyalvarado
jamesdaplas
Canceran Renz Briane F. C
rvasquez
jlcaraan
rowenaperez
Lito Delapena
mjaneenriquez
mikashintome
francisxnarciso
Toni Ross Masinsin
John Michael Umali
diwz
raycharlesdelagua
ishtin_delacruz
hared_hachero
annie_narvadez
noellaenriquez
nikki_sunga
joshuajames
vyhel_apolito
jefftenedero
sig_angeles
rosanduque
rcmarcial
jpcolocado
kristeldiaz_714
kristinemadolid
tiehermosilla
con divino23
zanderalarcos
aizamdeguzman
jenpallesco
karrencasue
RichelGrubat
maryruth_santos
na_ballesteros
francesacoquia0811
mhy_rodriguez
holden
jacquelynrosal
donabelleluna
johnrossmisa
mcloyola
maricris lim
paulojolejole
joanna_tiu
ranniesantiago
nramos
ynall_nosaj11
Graciel Katibog
senjindesagun
r.abendan
alexander galinato
kuai_dumol
mylenecportugaleza
edlyn_penaranda
vullagmyka
kc_garces0402
roselynfuensalida
alemmuli
glennalba
Alcoba, Cristina
markpimentel08
escarcha
cathy_tia
klgalang3598
nicolasFE
shiela_fababeir
xxkpatino
lou.sierra
rrreysag
xenen
markadriandino
andrearebadavia
davebanta
brizofaustoluis
rjt_vargas
joycetapan
derrick_delgado
neahmawak
elize balba
albertgni
raufrankalfaro
ivanneyanga
ChiquiPalanca
mark ramos
pao_guerrero
Dorilyn Fuderanan
gerald_sanchez
neldyjacinto
juno.pestano
Admin
rhej89
john316
kellybarachina
vjr8
jm_oracion
medo_domingo
harlymaylumagui
arlynne.awayan
135 posters

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Finals Discussion Question - Page 12 Empty more on nano?

Post  alemmuli Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:56 am

Nanotechnology's Future Depends On Who The Public Trusts
ScienceDaily (Feb. 12, 2008) — When the public considers competing arguments about a new technology’s potential risks and benefits, people will tend to agree with the expert whose values are closest to their own, no matter what position the expert takes. The same will hold true for nanotechnology, a key study has found

alemmuli

Back to top Go down

Finals Discussion Question - Page 12 Empty Re: Finals Discussion Question

Post  donabelleluna Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:19 pm

arlynne.awayan wrote:FUTURE SHOCK! affraid

Research on technologies being developed today that can affect the way we live tomorrow (eg. robotics, nanotechnology, etc.). How will these technologies change us?

for me, the rise of the machines will definitely affect our lives on our day to day basis, because as machines, they can do everything even those thing that's impossible for us human to accomplish. it will affect us in a sense that we will always depend on their capabilities, we will all be lazy bacause we know we have "somebody" to do our task, and for me it i'll be just a negative effect for us humans.
donabelleluna
donabelleluna

Back to top Go down

Post  donabelleluna Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:22 pm

johnrossmisa wrote:

Research on technologies being developed today that can affect the way we live tomorrow (eg. robotics, nanotechnology, etc.). How will these technologies change us?
the said technologies has already started to change how we people think. we had started to dream of making robots part of our lives by simply making them help us. while nanotechnology on the other hand serves as a new science for the human raise same principles are used but with a much broader matter. this will help us maximize what ever is available in the market....

nice point of view... stiil advantages abd disadvantages will rise with ou fast changing technology...
donabelleluna
donabelleluna

Back to top Go down

Post  donabelleluna Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:28 pm

ChiquiPalanca wrote:
kuai_dumol wrote:
mylenecportugaleza wrote:
harlymaylumagui wrote:

For me this technologies will change us by making our human capabilities and talents unused and undiscovered.
It will make people lazier than ever. The more advance the world is, the less we use our own human capabilities

Yes, I agree, People are lazier when life is easier,,these robotics could also cause unemployment because industries might use them for replacement for humans.

i cant say that im fully agree about these new tech. that we have. because sometimes, hand made products are still good and reliable. people are just so lazy thats why they always depend their works on robots. and they have big trust on to it. Cool

yeah i agree with this too...the more tehnologically advanced a country the lazier they are when it comes to daily living..sometimes they even forgot the basics in life... No

i like that line... "people are lazier when thongs are easier"...
yea ryt, we tend to be so dependent to the things that makes are lives very easy, that the only thing that we do is "utos ng utos"..
donabelleluna
donabelleluna

Back to top Go down

Post  donabelleluna Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:30 pm

kuai_dumol wrote:
mylenecportugaleza wrote:
kellybarachina wrote:
jm_oracion wrote:

Most technology development are being done in Japan. Some of these technology developments are making prostetic robotic arms that is connected in the nervous system. Nanotechnology is still being develop throughout the known world and still finding uses for it. One of the best uses for this nanotechnology is that it will help to cure diseases that cannot be worked on from outside help or in other words, inside the body itself. Nanobots can also help the body supply the nutrients needed by the body. When this happen, terminal diseases such as cancer and other known diseases will be easily cured.

I agreed on what you have said...
What a Face

this is one good advantage on technology,,it will help a lot of disabled people across the world,,but I also hope that it would be made affordable for them especially for the less fortunate ones because it would really help them a lot

yeah! its a good advantage but i hope in the long run, it wont affect our life and even our environemnt. and i hope that things or scenarios in those movies that i saw wont happen in real life. like robots kill people or they use by those countries that have bad intentions to other country.

as i have said, advantages and disadvantages will rise with this discoveries.
donabelleluna
donabelleluna

Back to top Go down

Post  donabelleluna Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:35 pm

edlyn_penaranda wrote:

these technologies are somehow dangerous to most filipinos. well i guess its just how it works!! we need to deal with it well of course be cautious as well! =p

i agrree, because those country who develops this technologies are much equipped than we do... sad but true.. Sad
donabelleluna
donabelleluna

Back to top Go down

Finals Discussion Question - Page 12 Empty finals

Post  jacquelynrosal Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:53 pm

Technology is all around us. All of these things, the instruments we write or communicate with, the tools we use for repairs, and the equipment through which we see or hear objects more clearly that help us in our daily lives. We interact with practical applications of scientific knowledge. Technologies have been invented to address society's problems or to fulfill its growing desire for speed and convenience.
Smile

jacquelynrosal

Back to top Go down

Finals Discussion Question - Page 12 Empty technologies emerging

Post  jacquelynrosal Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:10 pm

Human are never satisfied with what they already have, they always want to make a change. And this is the reason why many new technologies are emerging in the market.But with the different unexpected conditions in this world, there is no guarantee.

jacquelynrosal

Back to top Go down

Finals Discussion Question - Page 12 Empty Intel

Post  jacquelynrosal Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:17 pm

Intel's World Ahead program, which focuses on using technology as a tool to improve education, health care, economic development and e-governance. Those happen to be exactly the same objectives that the Global Alliance has as it goes into developing countries to aid them in their educational development, health care development and economic development.

jacquelynrosal

Back to top Go down

Post  jacquelynrosal Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:25 pm

The intelligent use of technology can make education better.But it has to be the intelligent use of technology and not just throwing any technology at the problem that makes a difference

jacquelynrosal

Back to top Go down

Post  jacquelynrosal Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:34 pm

Because of technology, the job market is constantly changing.Change and inventions leaned to more changes, inventions, and innovations.
Another major disadvantages of technology is the expense.Some people don't even know what kind of technology is available. Not investing in such technology is what causes problems.

jacquelynrosal

Back to top Go down

Post  holden Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:19 am

senjindesagun wrote:
maricris lim wrote:
arlynne.awayan wrote:
FUTURE SHOCK!

Technologies being developed today has really affects the way we live, we can't deny it.. because everyday we use different technologies, in our home, in school and everywhere we look we see technologies. people are moving forward.. nobody wants to move backward, so people as much as possible they create and use more technologies so everything will be easier for them.

I agree with you chris.. technologies today has a big affect to us, it is created to do things much easier. at minsan sa sobrang bilis ng makabagong teknolohiya ngyon kailangan nting sumabay dito..

I dont agree n dapat tayo mkipagsbayan s ibang bansa cause 1 of the major problem of our economy is unempoyment, by using this technologies will definitely increase the unemployment here in the Philippines.

holden

Back to top Go down

Post  albertgni Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:18 am

medo_domingo wrote:

Industrial robots are somewhat underrated in today's society, but the world owes much to the productivity and quality measures imparted by robotics. Their effect on future generations may well be the assistance they provide in manufacturing faster computers, more intelligent vehicles and better consumer and health products. bounce

evrything u said is just true and mere facts, but robots and other technology that aid efficient production level may result to unemployment and disregard of manpower. it can also promote laziness of us humans, i guess thats the downside of it Very Happy
albertgni
albertgni

Back to top Go down

Post  albertgni Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:24 am

andrearebadavia wrote:
maricris lim wrote:

Technologies being developed today has really affects the way we live, we can't deny it.. because everyday we use different technologies, in our home, in school and everywhere we look we see technologies. people are moving forward.. nobody wants to move backward, so people as much as possible they create and use more technologies so everything will be easier for them.

Finals Discussion Question - Page 12 Robotics
Does the future of robotics hold the promise of a dream come true to lighten the workload on humanity and provide companionship. Or the murder and mayhem of Hollywood movies?

When the Czech playwright Karel Capek sat down in 1920 to write a play about
humanoid machines that turn against their creators, he decided to call his imaginary creations 'robots', from the Czech word for 'slave labour'. Ever since then, our thinking about robots, whether fictional or real, has been dominated by the two key ideas in Capek's play. Firstly, robots are supposed to do the boring and difficult jobs that humans can't do or don't want to do. Secondly, robots are potentially dangerous.

These two ideas remain influential, but not everyone accepts them. The first dissenting voice was that of the great Russian-American science-fiction writer, Isaac Asimov, who was born the same year that Capek wrote his notorious play. In 1940, barely two decades later, while others were still slavishly reworking Capek's narrative about nasty robots taking over the world, Asimov was already asking what practical steps humanity might take to avoid this fate. And instead of assuming that robots would be confined to boring and dangerous jobs, Asimov imaged a future in which robots care for our children, and strike up friendships with us.

From the perspective of the early twenty-first century, it might seem that Capek was right and that Asimov was an idealistic dreamer. After all, most currently-existing robots are confined to doing nasty, boring and dangerous jobs, right? Wrong. According to the 2003 World Robotics Survey produced by the United Nations

Robot Arm over Earth with Sunburst

Economic Commission for Europe, over a third of all the robots in the world are designed not to spray-paint cars or mow the lawn, but simply to entertain humans. And the number is rising fast. It is quite possible, then, that the killer app for robots will turn out to be not the slave labour envisaged by Capek, but the social companionship imagined by Asimov.

i like the article u posted. lot of knowledge and information is obtained Very Happy
albertgni
albertgni

Back to top Go down

Post  albertgni Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:33 am

elize balba wrote:nanotechnology can also be a disadvantage as all things are. People abuse it, they go out of man’s way and try to destroy the earth using the many capabilities that nanotechnology can bring.

-- ATOMIC BOMBS GRENADES THAT CAN BLOW UP CITIES IN A SINGLE GRENADE!

-- ROBOTIC KILLERS THAT WERE DESIGNED TO KILL HUMANS!

-- COMPUTER GENERATED FAKE REALITY!

-- NUCLEAR DESTRUCTION OBJECTS THAT COULD DESTROY THE EARTH!

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

thats true...some peoople use technology for wrong and bad puproses, and sometimes for their own interests...thats a downside of technology Smile
albertgni
albertgni

Back to top Go down

Post  johnrossmisa Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:57 pm

well i guess it is how people will take advantage what ever resource we have

johnrossmisa

Back to top Go down

Finals Discussion Question - Page 12 Empty effect of advancement in technology

Post  ynall_nosaj11 Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:08 pm

cathy_tia wrote:we held our plant tour last day at Gardenia and automotive factories. some of my fellow students used to ask if there would be a tendency that the entire factory would be in all mechanical process and there would be no human labor be needed. the factory says thay they are starting to implement this functions or either way they are looking forward on this kind of process. as answering this questions, i heard most of the emplooyes nag and say, by that time we will be terminated. and if all of the factories uses an all mechanical process, many millions of people would be nonworking people and increasing of poverty will hike. this will just cost to the hardship of many Filipino people. an idea of all mechanical and non human labor process would only be benifited by the owners of the factory, because the will lessen the cost of productions. they are the only one who will benifited, this scenario will only suffer to the many filipino people while in return of the wealth of this already stabled businesses.

Sad how sad if all people working in a factory just to feed up their little children at home being replaced by robotics machines and technologies. how sad if they will become useless in the society, working nothing and earning no more. how sad if the society will be modernized, run by robots, and people will be just a puppet along the way.... Sad
ynall_nosaj11
ynall_nosaj11

Back to top Go down

Finals Discussion Question - Page 12 Empty oldies are not the same!

Post  ynall_nosaj11 Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:15 pm

glennalba wrote:
escarcha wrote:
nicolasFE wrote:
xxkpatino wrote:...and not only does it make doing things more convenient but it's also interesting...
I mean we learn more stuff every now and then. I just cant imagine life without the innovations that we have

pano na yung mga non techi people like the oldies???????
peace^^ mwah!

yup, panu na ung oldies like ni fe Very Happy hahahahhahah

>>(asus! ginagamit pa ang forum sa pansariling pagpapacute ha alvin...) hehehe...
>>by the way, agree ako with fe lalo na dito sa philippineshindi pa masyado naeeducate ang tao sa technology like computers kasi kahit parents ko di din masyado marunog with internet. kung magsupport and gov't sa pagdala ng technology sten i think they are responsible with educating the oldies. hekhek... Rolling Eyes

Razz oldies are not the same...some of them are fast adaptive to technologies, changes happening in the world. but most oldies are really finding hard time relating, understanding what tecnologies, advancement are contributing into this chaging world. Razz
ynall_nosaj11
ynall_nosaj11

Back to top Go down

Post  mhy_rodriguez Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:30 pm

FUTURE SHOCK!

nowadays the corporation or even the small business enterprise are being run by machines (like what i saw in gardenia). with this rapid increase in technology there a big possibility that in the future there would be a lesser demand for man power.i dont know if this improvement would be good or bad because if this happen the filipinos would not have a chance to be employed. but on the other hand once the companys are being run by the machines this also means that our economy status increases and we are able to complete global.

mhy_rodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  mhy_rodriguez Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:44 pm

andrearebadavia wrote:
senjindesagun wrote:
maricris lim wrote:

I agree with you chris.. technologies today has a big affect to us, it is created to do things much easier. at minsan sa sobrang bilis ng makabagong teknolohiya ngyon kailangan nting sumabay dito..

but we still have to think twice that evry action has an equal reaction.... although robots may seem advantageous to us, still it could bring a lot of mistakes to us too! What a Face

correct...people created robots to make work alot easier.pero kung di tayo magiingat at di natin sila susubaybayan. i think there will come a time that were gonna be run by the robots...so sad

mhy_rodriguez

Back to top Go down

Finals Discussion Question - Page 12 Empty robotics and nonotechnology

Post  francesacoquia0811 Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:44 pm

Robotics
Today, robots are doing human labor in all kinds of places. Best of all, they are doing the jobs that are unhealthy or impractical for people. This frees up workers to do the more skilled jobs, including the programming, maintenance and operation of robots.

Robots that work on cars and trucks are welding and assembling parts, or lifting heavy parts --the types of jobs that involve risks like injury to your back and arm or wrist, or they work in environments filled with hazards like excessive heat, noise or fumes-dangerous places for people. Robots that assemble and pack cookies or other foodstuff do so without the risk of carpal tunnel injury, unlike their human counterparts. Robots that make computer chips are working in such tiny dimensions that a person couldn't even do some of the precision work required.

Nanotechnology

Advantages on NanoTechnology:
NanoTechnology lets us make almost every manufactured product faster, lighter, stronger, smarter, safer and cleaner, and even more presice. We can already see many of the possibilities as these few examples illustrate.
New products that solve new problems in new ways are more difficult to foresee, yet their impact is likely to be even greater. In not many years, we are going to be able to manufacture products with almost every atom in its right place, without much of a big cost. (As for example, continue the revolution form computer hardware, to gates and wires; very light and strong materials, as diamonds of the precise shape we want, being less heavier than a piece of steel of the same length; cars that weight 50 kg, full sized sofas that could be picked up with one hand; and surgical instruments as to operate cells and even molecules!)

Disadvantages on NanoTechnology:
The biggest disadvantage is that NanoTechnology is actually VERY expensive, so not everyone can buy it or afford it. Its also very hard to create, and just a seingle molecule of powder or dust can damage the whole thing while it is being created/ formed. Many more things will be developed, but this will take a while.

francesacoquia0811

Back to top Go down

Post  mhy_rodriguez Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:51 pm

albertgni wrote:
elize balba wrote:nanotechnology can also be a disadvantage as all things are. People abuse it, they go out of man’s way and try to destroy the earth using the many capabilities that nanotechnology can bring.

-- ATOMIC BOMBS GRENADES THAT CAN BLOW UP CITIES IN A SINGLE GRENADE!

-- ROBOTIC KILLERS THAT WERE DESIGNED TO KILL HUMANS!

-- COMPUTER GENERATED FAKE REALITY!

-- NUCLEAR DESTRUCTION OBJECTS THAT COULD DESTROY THE EARTH!

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

thats true...some peoople use technology for wrong and bad puproses, and sometimes for their own interests...thats a downside of technology Smile

our government should react about this, because it does not give any good in our society.

mhy_rodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  mhy_rodriguez Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:58 pm

ynall_nosaj11 wrote:
cathy_tia wrote:we held our plant tour last day at Gardenia and automotive factories. some of my fellow students used to ask if there would be a tendency that the entire factory would be in all mechanical process and there would be no human labor be needed. the factory says thay they are starting to implement this functions or either way they are looking forward on this kind of process. as answering this questions, i heard most of the emplooyes nag and say, by that time we will be terminated. and if all of the factories uses an all mechanical process, many millions of people would be nonworking people and increasing of poverty will hike. this will just cost to the hardship of many Filipino people. an idea of all mechanical and non human labor process would only be benifited by the owners of the factory, because the will lessen the cost of productions. they are the only one who will benifited, this scenario will only suffer to the many filipino people while in return of the wealth of this already stabled businesses.

Sad how sad if all people working in a factory just to feed up their little children at home being replaced by robotics machines and technologies. how sad if they will become useless in the society, working nothing and earning no more. how sad if the society will be modernized, run by robots, and people will be just a puppet along the way.... Sad
]
its sad that. there is a possibility that in the future evrything will run by the robots and many fillipinos would become useless.thats why people should be update in the latest technology and should have the knowledge to control it if necessary.

mhy_rodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  mhy_rodriguez Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:03 pm

shiela_fababeir wrote:
rrreysag wrote:I really wish everything will be robotics, but only to facilitate and aid human day to day living. Just like those on movies. And it was my childhood fantasy where everything is high-tech, close to magic isn’t it.

I believe that when people have more time to think there is more room for new ideas as well. If technology will aid humans from this hectic lifestyle we are in, we can have time for more precious things in life.
cheers

Good idea!!because if we are aid by robots to help our daily life we can make our life more convenient and we can do some precious things that were not able to do because of house chores.We can have enough time for our family to hang outs because we have the robots to rely on to our work.Isn't wonderful right....

yeah it is, but arent you afraid that if this happen in which we cannot control technology there is a possibility that were gonna be run by the robots in the future.

mhy_rodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  mhy_rodriguez Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:08 pm

cathy_tia wrote:
xxkpatino wrote:
mark ramos wrote:Increased productivity, accuracy, and endurance

Jobs which require speed, accuracy, reliability or endurance can be performed far better by a robot than a human. Hence many jobs in factories which were traditionally performed by people are now robotized. This has led to cheaper mass-produced goods, including automobiles and electronics. Robots have now been working in factories for more than fifty years, ever since the Unimate robot was installed to automatically remove hot metal from a die casting machine. Since then, factory automation in the form of large stationary manipulators has become the largest market for robots. The number of installed robots has grown faster and faster, and today there are more than 1 million robots in operation worldwide.

now, is it good or badcreation?

Yeah it's like both bad and good but let's just look at it in a positive perspective cuz imagine that life is pretty hard if we don't continue advancing. We could always stop using robots and stuff but it will backfire cuz we're not used to doing things without them...

pig pig pig piggu

[quote=cathy]I think it’s good because robots will never get tired, just give your instructions and it will do what you want. bringing it to the situation of housemaid especially yayas, i encountered a terror yaya in our neighborhood, she is really freak, she keeps yelling on the child and spanking using a long think stick, i might kill this yaya talaga! Aside from that she is really looks like a witch. in this case, if this robot yayas would be implemented, there would be no battered children govern by this impatient yayas anymore.

kung pwede naman palang robot nalang ang gumawa ng lahat. para san ba yung mga pinagaaralan ng mga estudyante especially kung hindi naman nila forte ang gumawa ng robot.(eg. wat nalang magiging work ng mga hrm graduates?)

mhy_rodriguez

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next