Online Babble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prelim Discussion Questions

+129
kimptan
mayannecoquia
joanna_tiu
maryruth_santos
rvasquez
beltranjoana19
markadriandino
rosanduque
escarcha
holden
roselynfuensalida
ishtin_delacruz
mikashintome
John Michael Umali
raisa_marie
jpcolocado
senjindesagun
markpimentel08
aizamdeguzman
jimcasipit
Canceran Renz Briane F. C
rcmarcial
mylenecportugaleza
gerald_sanchez
diwz
noellaenriquez
karrencasue
mangaserchel
audree_somera
Francisco_Lim
neahmawak
raycharlesdelagua
carlajavellana
MJ Legaspi
lauricequintero
Jovi_salud
ranniesantiago
mundo_rocks
juno.pestano
mike tulang
vullagmyka
rhej89
maricris lim
ivanneyanga
jacquelynrosal
klgalang3598
kristinemadolid
jamesdaplas
haidelyn
thon_olivay
abbyalvarado
cathy_tia
alemmuli
glennalba
raufrankalfaro
donabelleluna
paulojolejole
mhy_rodriguez
ynall_nosaj11
Graciel Katibog
nicolasFE
Alcoba, Cristina
xenen
jriosa
Toni Ross Masinsin
mark_totanes
con divino23
mcloyola
faithy
annie_narvadez
mark ramos
aryen_jumaya
harlymaylumagui
RichelGrubat
ErikkaToledo
kenjohn
wilmark_sarmiento
johnrossmisa
zanderalarcos
ishie_barundia
kc_garces0402
jenpallesco
shiela_fababeir
xxkpatino
jlcaraan
lou.sierra
jefftenedero
jeanilyn_angeles
bm_valencia
tiehermosilla
nikki_sunga
elize balba
alexander galinato
rrreysag
vyhel_apolito
aben
lance_spearBFF
nramos
wrcrofule
hared_hachero
arlynne.awayan
rjt_vargas
kris
mahalmartinez
alfantemitch
pao_guerrero
medo_domingo
na_ballesteros
kristeldiaz_714
mike_viesca23
derrick_delgado
sig_angeles
ivymarieboquiren
vjr8
andrearebadavia
joycetapan
r.abendan
albertgni
ChiquiPalanca
joshuajames
neldyjacinto
adrian_08dlsu
john316
Lito Delapena
jewel_apacible
kellybarachina
jm_oracion
BeeJ_Santos
Admin
133 posters

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 27 Empty Re: Prelim Discussion Questions

Post  ErikkaToledo Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:27 pm

markadriandino wrote:
Admin wrote:

2. More and more Filipinos are now putting up online businesses or selling their products online. Are you currently buying or would you seriously consider making online transactions such as bill payments and shopping? Why or why not?

I'm not currently buying/purchasing or even making transactions online for the reason that the assurance that you'll earn after purchasing it since there are a lot of modus operandis these days. For me, it is not that safe to our country to make such online transactions. It is the security that is most important to consider and I will still be preferably to make transactions directly to the store, even though it eats your time, you know personally that you made transactions to them and one of the evidence is the RECEIPT. (just don't lost it.) Smile

Besides, cardholders are repeatedly advised not to entrust their card numbers and other personal details just to anyone. I do not want to fall victim to fraudulent transactions because I will only have myself to blame for such stupidity.
ErikkaToledo
ErikkaToledo

Back to top Go down

Post  senjindesagun Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:30 pm

jlcaraan wrote:I havent tried buying online, because i dont personaly know the seller and what if the product that they sell is just good in picture and not personaly and i'm not sure if they gonna deliver it on time or they really deliver the product to me.

Yes..joel I agree with you..Transacting with someone can be difficult especially to the person you really don’t know.

senjindesagun

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 27 Empty Prelim Discussion

Post  joanna_tiu Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:32 pm

bounce Here are my opinions based on our online discussion.

bounce ADVANTAGES

1. Hassle-free
2. Save time
3. Save money

bounce DISADVATAGES

1. You cannot seethe the actual person.
2. If there are some misunderstanding you cannot expalin it very well, unless you present it in actual.

Last edited by on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
joanna_tiu
joanna_tiu

http://cutieanne0105.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ErikkaToledo Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:33 pm

alfantemitch wrote:
derrick_delgado wrote:Smile
Personally, although online transactions are easier and would allow you to pay the bills or shop at home or anywhere with internet connection,i am not comfortable doing transaction online... It still is reasuring for me to see in person what it is i'm buying..As for payments,it is still safer to pay bills in person than sending your personal and financial info over the web.

You are really not a risk taker... you want all ur transactions to be clean and safe...
we're both the same... i still prefer to buy my stuffs personally.. for me to have a personal touch on them before buying... but i'm not closing my doors to online transactions.. i wud like to try those in the future...
Razz

yes i agree with you, it is still best to buy our things traditionally because we are not sure if that online store is just a scam or really into business.

I also think that it is still better to personally pay your bills, in that way you are guaranteed that your bills have been settled, because you would readily have a receipt as proof of the payment that you've just made. While when it comes to purchasing online, what is seen in a picture may not be the same as that of the actual product, with products like clothing or gadgets. So it may be better to do this in person as well. But if it were simple things, like cd's, then purchasing online wouldn't be such a bad option.

the only basis whether to buy a product online is to know and understand the agreements of payments. why bother buying small stuff online at unknown websites when all the good sites are around. why take risk on the unknown and unsure sites, when there are available trusted sites around. its just not practical to buy small stuff online or stuff that you can see at the mall and pay double.
ErikkaToledo
ErikkaToledo

Back to top Go down

Post  joanna_tiu Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:36 pm

bounce Honestly, Im not buying online because Im afraid to give my credit card number, because now a days there are so many fraudulent people, and it is not so easy to trust someone, specially the one you dont see. I just browse the net to see what's new, the latest event, check mails, etc.

Last edited by on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
joanna_tiu
joanna_tiu

Back to top Go down

Post  joanna_tiu Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:39 pm

bounce Everytime I broese the net, there are times that I want to purchase, but Im really afraid to give my credit card number because Im afraid that when the bill comes, there are lot of payales which I dont really purchase. For sure my father will get angry hehehe....
joanna_tiu
joanna_tiu

Back to top Go down

Post  joanna_tiu Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:46 pm

bounce Internet is very useful nowadays and it has a lot of advantages:

1. It is fast, by just one click, the information is already there.
2. The information is accurate and clear.
3. Working at home with yuor net is very useful, all the things that you need is already there.

while the disadvantages are:

1. If there is a virus you cannot oen your file.
2. If there is a brown-out/black-out you canot commnicate with your client.

bounce It affects one's person lif because you are just stock at home with your computer. You dont discover things, the way they should be.
joanna_tiu
joanna_tiu

Back to top Go down

Post  joanna_tiu Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:49 pm

bounce Putting up business onlineis a big advantage, because pople always browse the net. So there is a big probability that they will recognize your product thru-online. Paying bills online is also an advantage because it is hassle-free, by just on click you already paid the bills. In these such cases you dont have to fall in long lines, that will consume your time about 30 minute to 1 hour.
joanna_tiu
joanna_tiu

Back to top Go down

Post  senjindesagun Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:52 pm

mark_totanes wrote:
Canceran Renz Briane F. C wrote:come to think of it.. online business transactions can be more practical.. expenses will be less especially when your business partner is situated abroad. time spent will also be less as there is no more need to travel just to close a major deal..that's it. Cool Cool Cool

yes you are right when you said that expenses will be less but you can't check the product that you buy, you cant see the real thing and observe if there is a defect or not

Yes.. guys you are all right.. when you said that online expenses will be lessen and it will be less hassle to us, but you can't actually check the quality of products, if it is enough to satisfy you.

senjindesagun

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 27 Empty buying online

Post  jefftenedero Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:01 pm

of course, i would consider buying online. it saves time and effort. it was also convenient on the part of the consumer since the product is one-click away from them. More choices are available. But still, you don't have the assurance that the product you have seen in the internet is worth buying.

jefftenedero

Back to top Go down

Post  jefftenedero Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:03 pm

i haven't tried any online transactyions becasuse i don't know how to.. hehe Very Happy

jefftenedero

Back to top Go down

Post  jimcasipit Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:09 pm

gerald_sanchez wrote:
Admin wrote:Hello!

More and more Filipinos are now putting up online businesses or selling their products online. Are you currently buying or would you seriously consider making online transactions such as bill payments and shopping? Why or why not?

Smile

Twisted Evil Suspect No
i haven't tried doing any transactions online like buying stuff or paying bills, but if given a chance of doing so... sure why not di ba?! i think it would be really convenient on my part... but when you speak about the security and safety of online transactions in the country, thats a different story! doing transactions online in this god forsaken countryis a big risk!!!

Yes i agree with you kuya gerald!!! It would be a big risk for us to buy on online, we would never know what will happen.... Idea

jimcasipit

Back to top Go down

Post  ranniesantiago Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:15 pm

ivanneyanga wrote:1. Because of the internet, many professionals are now able to earn a living without having to go to the office everyday. There are people employed by companies who work at home and simply communicate and submit their work through the internet. Others start their own online business. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of working at home in terms of how it affects the other aspects of a person's life?

An advantage of working at home, aside from being hassle-free and time saving is that parents, especially for working moms would be able to be with their children. Nothing is beneficial than having to spend quality time with your family. A study by psychologists claim that children who are usually separated from their mothers have higher possibility of trouble in their later life this is because of lack of attention due to a need of earning for a living. With the internet offering accessibility and convenience, these parents can earn a living while at home and at the same time they can be able to fully attend to their children's needs.

The disadvantage of working home is that because of internet serving as a powerful tool for communication, a person's life maybe affected in a sociological aspect. A person who works at home will not be able to have physical interaction with others. Being a social being, one cannot live without others. A computer may do things than a typical person may do but there are also things that a person can do better than computers such as interaction. I believe Interaction with others help you grow as a person.

Working at home is really advantageous in the part of the parents because they can spend quality time with their children.Lack of time for the family will not be a problem.

ranniesantiago

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 27 Empty Repost to jim casipit

Post  Admin Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:22 pm

weeeeee
by jimcasipit Today at 21:14

1.One biggest advantage of internet is it makes information all over the world. We can reach the same information from or home from everywhere that has an internet connection. Through working at home we are able to minimize the time, money and effort and earn a profit through the use of internet, Advantages of internet can make the life easy to live.
The Disadvantages are people who are used to work at home are able to encountered problem such as:Thief of personal information, virus threat and spamming unwated e-mail in bulk.

2.I havent tried online transactions, Online transactions are made for those busy people who are looking for a way to minimize their time,money and effort. I would prefer to have person-to-person talk to able to see well the product and background about the product itself.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dlsudinternet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jimcasipit Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:23 pm

Francisco_Lim wrote:
1. Because of the internet, many professionals are now able to earn a living without having to go to the office everyday. There are people employed by companies who work at home and simply communicate and submit their work through the internet. Others start their own online business. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of working at home in terms of how it affects the other aspects of a person's life?

This are the advantages and disadvantages of working at home.

Advantage:
1. You dont have boss to follow.
2. you have your own time.
3. no more traffics every morning.
4. you can work anywhere you want as long as you have your own computer..
5. No time pressure.

Disadvantage:
1. No social life.
2. Less friends.
3. Not exciting...

Yes BOSS!!! We can manage our own time....and we have no guarantee that our product will be sold in the internet.

jimcasipit

Back to top Go down

Post  ranniesantiago Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:31 pm

kristinemadolid wrote:
Because of the internet, many professionals are now able to earn a living without having to go to the office everyday. There are people employed by companies who work at home and simply communicate and submit their work through the internet. Others start their own online business. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of working at home in terms of how it affects the other aspects of a person's life?

Answer: ADVANTAGES: working at home and submit their work through internet sure has a lot of advantages. theseare: 1.) It saves time for those people who works at home with the help of internet. since they don't need to go to their respective offices/employers and just stay at their houses, these people could make the most out of their time, like spending quality time with their loved ones, do their responsibilties at home and anything else that they couldn't do when they go to their workplace.
2.) Reduces stress. they could reduce the stress they get in their workplace, with their officemates,etc. plus they also avoid the hasslement of their everyday ride/travel they have to take when going to their offices and stress it causes (such as traffic, expenses and pollution).

DISADVANTAGES: But then these advantages comes also with disadvantages such as:
1.) it is hard to work without the physical interaction with the people involve with your work since you just stay at home and you won't be able to show them how eager you are with your work, how hard-working and trustworthy you are. Is is still important thay you have this bond with those people you work with, just like what they say, "two heads are better than one." there are these certain things that you might be needing the help and presence of other people.
2.) with regards to no.1 disadvantage, you won't be able to build strong relationship with others and you might not also gain their absolute loyalty and trust which isvery important for those individuals who's into online business.

Working at home can really reduce stress.
1.no pressure in work.
2.hazzle-free.Avoid daily hazzle such as heavy traffic
3.avoid conflict with other employees
4.working at home provide time to spend quality time with their family.

ranniesantiago

Back to top Go down

Post  ranniesantiago Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:43 pm

cathy_tia wrote:Advantages: well I can say that big advantage of having business at their house through the use of internet is having their time on their hand. Especially for those who have family and for the mommies who need time to monitor and take care their kids. Worth of living today cannot just be provide by a husband but also need a working mom just to sustain their everyday needs, but the risk of it was to force them self to let their yaya’s or other relatives to be the governess of their child. Being with their child every step of their life can affect the development of a person, and being help and nurtured by their will lead to a better person. This is an advantage that I can say with regards of having their business at home and giving their time to be with their family.

Disadvantages: in a business, personal interaction is one of the needs when it comes on making a deal. Socialization is a part of it especially for a business to business transaction which was needed a long term relationship. Conducting a business through the use of intermediaries may not be an enough tool to build trust that which can lead to a strong relationship. Other than that, loosing their social life and staying at home cannot boost their interaction skill and may also lead on loosing their confident. Facing and dealing with people is one aspect of developing a personality. This is one of the things that may loose when it comes to working at home.

We have the same answer to question # 1.The number one advantage of working at home is that they can spend time with their family.Busy parents will not be a family problem.

ranniesantiago

Back to top Go down

Post  joshuajames Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:33 pm

jimcasipit wrote:
Francisco_Lim wrote:
1. Because of the internet, many professionals are now able to earn a living without having to go to the office everyday. There are people employed by companies who work at home and simply communicate and submit their work through the internet. Others start their own online business. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of working at home in terms of how it affects the other aspects of a person's life?

This are the advantages and disadvantages of working at home.

Advantage:
1. You dont have boss to follow.
2. you have your own time.
3. no more traffics every morning.
4. you can work anywhere you want as long as you have your own computer..
5. No time pressure.

Disadvantage:
1. No social life.
2. Less friends.
3. Not exciting...

Yes BOSS!!! We can manage our own time....and we have no guarantee that our product will be sold in the internet.

Thats the advantage I've been talking bout...hahahhah But it sucks when you don't have social life and friends... Very Happy Shocked

joshuajames

Back to top Go down

Post  joshuajames Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:42 pm

raisa_marie wrote:
jm_oracion wrote:Try mo bumili online... madaming bagay sa online na wala sa mga stores...

yeah, true enough. Plus, makakadiscount ka din naman. the only disavantage is that; you don't get to feel the product nor test it. =p

Cge kuya ittry ko pag may pera ako...hehhehehe lol! Laughing

joshuajames

Back to top Go down

Post  maryruth_santos Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:51 pm

With increasing numbers of employees working at home or using home as a working base for at least part of the week it's clear there's a number of benefits for business improved retention of employees for example, homeworking can help retain working parents with childcare responsibilities.
maryruth_santos
maryruth_santos

http://maryruth.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post  joshuajames Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:53 pm

jm_oracion wrote:Nasa sa iyo yun, Joshua. Pero madaming mabibili sa internet na wala pa sa commonly store

Kuya Tulad ng mga anu???? What a Face clown

joshuajames

Back to top Go down

Post  joanna_tiu Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:59 pm

bounce Advantages

1. You control your own time.
2. No need to wake up early.
3. You can work anywhere and anytime.
4. You are not pressured.

bounce Disadvantages

1. Super Boring!!!
2. You do not meet other people.
3. No common friends.
joanna_tiu
joanna_tiu

Back to top Go down

Post  joanna_tiu Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:01 pm

bounce A shift towards homeworking doesn't mean employees have to work only at home. Often splitting time between home and the workplace is the most productive solution and you may want the homeworker to attend meetings to keep them fully involved and informed.

bounce
joanna_tiu
joanna_tiu

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 27 Empty think wisely

Post  jacquelynrosal Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:12 pm

More and more Filipinos are now putting up online businesses or selling their products online. Are you currently buying or would you seriously consider making online transactions such as bill payments and shopping? Why or why not?

For me its ok to buy online or pay online because it less time to visit mall and of course you are relaxing while choosing the products, as long as other can't abuse us. Make sure our transaction is legal. Today many people do whatever they want just to make money. So think wisely and be carefull.

jacquelynrosal

Back to top Go down

Post  aizamdeguzman Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:16 pm

rosanduque wrote:I havent tried buying online, because i dont personaly know the seller and what if the product that they sell is just good in picture and not personaly and i'm not sure if they gonna deliver it on time or they really deliver the product to me.

santa Right! It's still better to buy on malls/stores where we can see and touch the actual product, and get the product right on time (after paying it!) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

aizamdeguzman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next