Online Babble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prelim Discussion Questions

+129
kimptan
mayannecoquia
joanna_tiu
maryruth_santos
rvasquez
beltranjoana19
markadriandino
rosanduque
escarcha
holden
roselynfuensalida
ishtin_delacruz
mikashintome
John Michael Umali
raisa_marie
jpcolocado
senjindesagun
markpimentel08
aizamdeguzman
jimcasipit
Canceran Renz Briane F. C
rcmarcial
mylenecportugaleza
gerald_sanchez
diwz
noellaenriquez
karrencasue
mangaserchel
audree_somera
Francisco_Lim
neahmawak
raycharlesdelagua
carlajavellana
MJ Legaspi
lauricequintero
Jovi_salud
ranniesantiago
mundo_rocks
juno.pestano
mike tulang
vullagmyka
rhej89
maricris lim
ivanneyanga
jacquelynrosal
klgalang3598
kristinemadolid
jamesdaplas
haidelyn
thon_olivay
abbyalvarado
cathy_tia
alemmuli
glennalba
raufrankalfaro
donabelleluna
paulojolejole
mhy_rodriguez
ynall_nosaj11
Graciel Katibog
nicolasFE
Alcoba, Cristina
xenen
jriosa
Toni Ross Masinsin
mark_totanes
con divino23
mcloyola
faithy
annie_narvadez
mark ramos
aryen_jumaya
harlymaylumagui
RichelGrubat
ErikkaToledo
kenjohn
wilmark_sarmiento
johnrossmisa
zanderalarcos
ishie_barundia
kc_garces0402
jenpallesco
shiela_fababeir
xxkpatino
jlcaraan
lou.sierra
jefftenedero
jeanilyn_angeles
bm_valencia
tiehermosilla
nikki_sunga
elize balba
alexander galinato
rrreysag
vyhel_apolito
aben
lance_spearBFF
nramos
wrcrofule
hared_hachero
arlynne.awayan
rjt_vargas
kris
mahalmartinez
alfantemitch
pao_guerrero
medo_domingo
na_ballesteros
kristeldiaz_714
mike_viesca23
derrick_delgado
sig_angeles
ivymarieboquiren
vjr8
andrearebadavia
joycetapan
r.abendan
albertgni
ChiquiPalanca
joshuajames
neldyjacinto
adrian_08dlsu
john316
Lito Delapena
jewel_apacible
kellybarachina
jm_oracion
BeeJ_Santos
Admin
133 posters

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty its difficult to buy from the internet..

Post  sig_angeles Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:56 pm

for me, buying products through internet or even paying bills is really difficult.. because most businesses in the internet requires you to have at least a credit card and also you have to have an internet connection.. and not all people in this world have those.. also its really hard for me to trust in an internet business because i dont see the actual product and i dont know if the product has a good quality or not.. so for me it is better to buy in actual than on internet.

Last edited by on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
sig_angeles
sig_angeles

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty Re:

Post  BeeJ_Santos Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:18 pm

quelie10 wrote:1. Because of the internet, many professionals are now able to earn a living without having to go to the office everyday. There are people employed by companies who work at home and simply communicate and submit their work through the internet. Others start their own online business. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of working at home in terms of how it affects the other aspects of a person's life?

-->Advantages of having their work through internet, they can save more of their time. They can work on another business if they wanted to make another one. For the people who are family oriented they can spend more time with their family. They will be aware of what's going on with son and daughter. The only disavantage that I know is they cannot practice their speaking abilities personally with other peolpe.

In my opinion as an added disadvantage, there will be less chance for them to interact with other people and have information of what's happening outside the comforts of their home. Wink
BeeJ_Santos
BeeJ_Santos

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty prelim questions

Post  derrick_delgado Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:10 pm

no.1) Their are lot of advantages when doing business on line. First, it is more convenient for the employees. confidential topics or/and transactions are in a safer place when using emails. it is also faster when passing a requirement. using the internet, company personnels and employees can easily access and communicate to other companies, for example, they have a partner or sister company. with the help of the technology, employees will have more time with their love ones and family. it is less hassle and employees will not be very stressed and exhausted. and they will have a more peaceful mind because they are safer when they are with their family.
when there's an advantage, of course there will be a disadvantage, employees might be lazy and late in passing their requirements. and also, they might be less productive when using internet and not the usual type of business making. and because they exert a lesser effort, there is a tendency that an employee will not give his/her 100% love and passion to his/her work.

no.2) i used to view sites that sell different items but I don't buy it and i will not buy anything from internet because i want to see first the item before I buy it and to avoid fake products. but when taking about payment of bills, yes I'm interested because it is less hassle and more convenient. no "fall in line" that usually waste my time. bounce bounce

Last edited by on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
derrick_delgado
derrick_delgado

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Prelim Discussion Questions

Post  derrick_delgado Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:49 pm

andrearebadavia wrote:

QUESTION2:javascript:emoticonp('affraid')
affraid
I’ve once tried looking for a product online, but I don’t find it practical at all. I always wish to personally see the product that I want to buy to assure that it would work well before I have it. Also, paying through credit cards could create hassle; hackers might use our credit cards when paying online. Smile sunny sunny

you're right! there are lot of hackers that might used your account and get all your money. so it is better to buy products the traditional way. rabbit
derrick_delgado
derrick_delgado

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty doing nusiness at home..

Post  ivymarieboquiren Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:08 am

Working and doing business at home is a lot more efficient and convenient than the other way we are used to. It will save time and give focus on their family, which is very important. you can also engage yourself doing not only one business. It can be two or more.But there is always a disadvantage. If you prefer working at home, your social life is being sacrificed because you just limit yourself in the four corners of your house. it is more important that you interact and communicate to people you are working for. It is good that you share your ideas with other people and get their opinions about it. you wont be able to familiarize yourself in a working environment,the so called "corporate world". its true that it will save time and money, but more than money, it will boost your confidence and develop your personality.cheers Razz

ivymarieboquiren

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty re: question 1(ironmike)

Post  mike_viesca23 Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:18 pm

i think the advantage of it would be, things will be a lot easier. and people don't have to get stress from going to & from work. cyclops

DOWNSIDE:::people are becoming LAZY because of this. And the company will lessen its employee. too bad, less job oppurtunities....

Nothing to say!!!Question

ciao
mike_viesca23
mike_viesca23

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty Quest 2

Post  mike_viesca23 Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:30 pm

More and more Filipinos are now putting up online businesses or selling their products online. Are you currently buying or would you seriously consider making online transactions such as bill payments and shopping? Why or why not?

no. the risk of purchasing a product with out seeing it personaly would be too risky. are we sure that the product that we purchase will be delivered to us or in good condition?! i wont take the risk if we're talking bout money... in the other hand, is it ok to purchase product thru the net only if its C.O.D basis. Shocked
mike_viesca23
mike_viesca23

Back to top Go down

Post  kristeldiaz_714 Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:48 pm

The advantages of working at home would be more time for your family especially if you have little childrens, less stress (saves time, energy and effort) which would mean more productivity, and you can control your time.

The disadvantages would be communication and monitoring problems, problems can be easily address through personal communications. The quality of the skills and the knowledge may be deteriorated for they are only inside their homes, and sometimes an employee cannot focus when working at home because of mix responsibilities, as a home member and as an employee.

Smile
kristeldiaz_714
kristeldiaz_714

http://eapriel.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty read this.. .

Post  na_ballesteros Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:28 pm

What do you think are the advantages of working at home in terms of how it affects the other aspects of a person's life?

possible advantages of working at home in terms of how it affects the other aspects of a person's life is that, you don't need to wait until resources are available to conduct business. From a consumer's perspective as well as a provider's business can be consummated at any time. The fact that the Internet is operational at all times makes it the most efficient business machine to date. Moreover, it provides up to date news, Accessible at home, work, or through a wireless device,and lastly, it has the ability to download and edit text & images. In other words, internet makes a person's job more easier, fast, effective and efficient.
na_ballesteros
na_ballesteros

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty disadvantages

Post  na_ballesteros Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:43 pm

What do you think are the disadvantages of working at home in terms of how it affects the other aspects of a person's life?

Well, it probably makes the users become addicted to the internet which causes them to pay high electric bills. Also, there are possibilities that they will become lazy with their other priorities like of spending time with their friends and other loved ones. They can also acquire different diseases if they’re always in front of the computer.
geek drunken bounce
na_ballesteros
na_ballesteros

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty must read :)

Post  na_ballesteros Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:56 pm

2. More and more Filipinos are now putting up online businesses or selling their products online. Are you currently buying or would you seriously consider making online transactions such as bill payments and shopping? Why or why not?

I am not currently buying online products. I haven’t even tried it, and I’m not interested of doing it for the reason that I used to buy products that I can see personally in order for me to make sure that the product has the edge to be bought. Also, one important factor when buying a product is that, you can see, touch and feel it so that you can easily decide if you’re going to buy it or not.

I am not interested of making online transactions such as bill payments, especially shopping!! !.. . That’s a no no.. .
bounce
na_ballesteros
na_ballesteros

Back to top Go down

Post  joycetapan Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:36 pm

[quoteQUESTION2:javascript:emoticonp('affraid')
affraid
I’ve once tried looking for a product online, but I don’t find it practical at all. I always wish to personally see the product that I want to buy to assure that it would work well before I have it. Also, paying through credit cards could create hassle; hackers might use our credit cards when paying online. Smile sunny sunny[/quote]

Yeah, that's one thing we should avoid when transacting thru internet because there's so many hackers online ready to hack ur credit cards...and when they've been able to hack ur credits cards they'll start transacting big accounts 100k and such. My Aunt once told that her friend's credit card was use by unknown people and bought many expensive appliances with the credit card. I guess what we should do is to be careful in transacting thru internet for our own sake. Very Happy
joycetapan
joycetapan

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty Prelim Discussion: Answer to Q#1:(metd)

Post  medo_domingo Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:19 pm

Working at home using the internet is a trend nowadays. sunny The ultimate reason of a work at home online is to make money online. You can do that by promoting your business, meeting potential customers and increasing your potential to develop quality relationships with your future buyers. But what is the necessary tool for your success in Internet business? It is simple: you must have a web site.
There are advantages and disadvantages on developing business online.
Advantages bounce
The first one: The Internet is a growing audience. In less than 10 years we can say the Internet audience has increased in a vertical number. There are a lot of people buying just now their computer and taking entrance to World Wide Web.
The Internet has been not built as just the virtual place but it is the real place of the opportunities. There are millions of people trying to sell and buy products online.
Second: A work at home online places you ahead potential purchasers of its products.
The third advantage: Your Internet marketing for small business looks like any other business. Actually you work from home without physical contact. But the virtual contact is extremely important to develop relationship with your customers.
The fourth advantage: You can market your business for free. Or even you can use it for low cost marketing. Anyway, it is important to you know you can pay very much for promoting your business. But you can do it according to your budget.
Disadvantages cherry
First of all: there is a tremendous competition out there. You can be found anywhere, as your competitors. So it is important to create a personal identity. It will differentiate you from your competitors.
And finally, you will need getting people to visit your site. And that's a tough thing to do... Embarassed
medo_domingo
medo_domingo

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty reply post (metd)

Post  medo_domingo Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:36 pm

ivymarieboquiren wrote:Working and doing business at home is a lot more efficient and convenient than the other way we are used to. It will save time and give focus on their family, which is very important. you can also engage yourself doing not only one business. It can be two or more.But there is always a disadvantage. If you prefer working at home, your social life is being sacrificed because you just limit yourself in the four corners of your house. it is more important that you interact and communicate to people you are working for. It is good that you share your ideas with other people and get their opinions about it. you wont be able to familiarize yourself in a working environment,the so called "corporate world". its true that it will save time and money, but more than money, it will boost your confidence and develop your personality.cheers Razz

Well, i do really agree with the efficiency and convenience of working at home. Family matters most. Regarding the disadvantage of sacrificing your social life, yes, that's true... interacting with other people is still important for you to grow as a n individual. Nice insights from you... Laughing
medo_domingo
medo_domingo

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty My reply for Question No. 1

Post  pao_guerrero Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:50 pm

There are advantages and disadvantages of doing work at home:
Sleep Working from home is a fast growing movement these days. But what most people do is they jump right in with the hopes and dreams of making huge profits before they even think about the fact that there are some disadvantages to working at home.
1) Acknowledge Your Present Job or Career
You may not be able to easily transfer your current career into a work at home situation. For example, if you work as a police officer or in the medical field, you may not be able to easily transition your career to working from home unless you change careers entirely.
2) Cost - Disadvantage or Advantage?
You can decide if working from home is right for you by determining the cost factor. Many moms will want to stay at home to work in order to save money on daycare. But, when you work from home you are now self-employed.
3) Working at Home with Children
It is not as easy as it may seem to work at home with children. If your children are too young to be in school yet, it is usually pretty difficult to get any work done when they are awake. You will get most of your work done when they are sleeping during naptime and later at night.
Family members may not mind taking care of the children from time to time, but in the end both the children and the job are your responsibility. It is easier to work from home with older children, but you will still need to have a balanced schedule in order to get all the things done that you need to do.
4) Discipline and Self-Motivation
In order to accomplish everything that you want to you will need to be disciplined and self-motivated. If you need encouragement by others to keep going, then I wouldn't recommend that you work from home. You will not have anyone looking over your shoulders and making sure the job is being done. Many distractions can get in the way, such as TV, friends, family, housework, emails and surfing the Internet.
5) Isolation
Working from home can be lonely and frustrating. Find ways to make sure that you remain comfortable spending time alone. If you feel depressed at all, you will become withdrawn and sad. It is best to take the right steps to combat the loneliness before the issue worsens.
Once you have considered these factors you may decide that working from home is not the best thing for you. However, hundreds of people deal with these disadvantages to working at home and still seem to find success in their careers.
If working from home is really what you want to do, then these drawbacks should not stop you. Just be sure that you understand that there are some disadvantages to working at home as well as the many advantages. affraid

Last edited by on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
pao_guerrero
pao_guerrero

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty My reply to medo's answer

Post  pao_guerrero Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:01 pm

medo_domingo wrote:Working at home using the internet is a trend nowadays. sunny The ultimate reason of a work at home online is to make money online. You can do that by promoting your business, meeting potential customers and increasing your potential to develop quality relationships with your future buyers. But what is the necessary tool for your success in Internet business? It is simple: you must have a web site.
There are advantages and disadvantages on developing business online.
Advantages bounce
The first one: The Internet is a growing audience. In less than 10 years we can say the Internet audience has increased in a vertical number. There are a lot of people buying just now their computer and taking entrance to World Wide Web.
The Internet has been not built as just the virtual place but it is the real place of the opportunities. There are millions of people trying to sell and buy products online.
Second: A work at home online places you ahead potential purchasers of its products.
The third advantage: Your Internet marketing for small business looks like any other business. Actually you work from home without physical contact. But the virtual contact is extremely important to develop relationship with your customers.
The fourth advantage: You can market your business for free. Or even you can use it for low cost marketing. Anyway, it is important to you know you can pay very much for promoting your business. But you can do it according to your budget.
Disadvantages cherry
First of all: there is a tremendous competition out there. You can be found anywhere, as your competitors. So it is important to create a personal identity. It will differentiate you from your competitors.
And finally, you will need getting people to visit your site. And that's a tough thing to do... Embarassed

Ofcourse, I agree of what you have said, because we have the same opinion regarding working home using online business. I like your ideas. You can market your business for free.. and you can make money while just sitting in front of your computer and you can spend more time with your family and lovedones... Cool I love you

Last edited by on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
pao_guerrero
pao_guerrero

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty reply

Post  andrearebadavia Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:23 pm

na_ballesteros wrote:What do you think are the disadvantages of working at home in terms of how it affects the other aspects of a person's life?

Well, it probably makes the users become addicted to the internet which causes them to pay high electric bills. Also, there are possibilities that they will become lazy with their other priorities like of spending time with their friends and other loved ones. They can also acquire different diseases if they’re always in front of the computer.
geek drunken bounce

yeah right! a lot of diseases such as 'eye infections' can be acquired from staying long in front og pC's. people who always stay long in front of computers may also be very dependent of what they can have from the internet. just like nowadays, most researchers depend more on internet as a source, without them realizing that traditional way of researching is still the best way! Smile
andrearebadavia
andrearebadavia

http://www.geocities.com/andrearebadavia/

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty Prelim Discusision Question #2

Post  alfantemitch Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:59 pm

More and more Filipinos are now putting up online businesses or selling their products online. Are you currently buying or would you seriously consider making online transactions such as bill payments and shopping? Why or why not?
I haven’t tried shopping or paying bills over the internet, and I don’t think that I would even try it any time soon. Simply because, I don’t think that it’s actually convenient. I know that a lot of people would not agree with me on this but this is how I see things, when someone would shop over the internet. All they get to see are pictures and little information about the product, then they would have to fill out certain forms for their billing requirements and then, they would still have to wait for a few days for the product to be delivered, and of course delivery would entail additional fees. Why would I waste so much time and money trying to get something online when I know that I could easily purchase the same thing inside a mall within 30 minutes or less? Besides malls are almost everywhere nowadays. Plus, walking is a good exercise, it burns calories; you wouldn’t get that by surfing the internet! geek
alfantemitch
alfantemitch

Back to top Go down

Post  mahalmartinez Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:54 pm

Arrow lol! afro As a student I consider it as a good strategy but I never tried using it. People nowadays are very busy with their lives and it is very accessible and easy for them to shop and pay their bills using the internet. It is accessible for us because we don't need to wait for long lines and its not time consuming.

mahalmartinez

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty Prelim Discussion # 2: (metd)

Post  medo_domingo Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:13 pm

Seriously speaking, I have not tried buying products through the internet, though I am aware of those online businesses. I am still on to the traditional buyer-seller relationship where I am the one who would go to the store and choose what I would like to buy for instance. But maybe in the future, when I am earning my own money, I would likely to consider paying or shopping online... just to try those... Razz
medo_domingo
medo_domingo

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty My answer to Question # 2.

Post  pao_guerrero Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:26 pm

I have not yet tried that one, but if there's an opportunity, I would surely like to try buying and engaging in online transactions, especially if it is regarding car accessories. I think, it is less hassle but I am not sure if it would be an easy task for me. And if I will be engaging in the online business, choosing and deciding for the product I will buy is hard because I am not seeing the actual product but only see it in the pictures in the internet. confused
pao_guerrero
pao_guerrero

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty re: pao_guerero

Post  john316 Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:58 pm

pao_guerrero wrote:I have not yet tried that one, but if there's an opportunity, I would surely like to try buying and engaging in online transactions, especially if it is regarding car accessories. I think, it is less hassle but I am not sure if it would be an easy task for me. And if I will be engaging in the online business, choosing and deciding for the product I will buy is hard because I am not seeing the actual product but only see it in the pictures in the internet. confused

I also agree that one of the disadvantage of products that are being market online is the absence of the actual experience of observing and touching the product, which makes it suspicious to customers that rarely or never use online transactions... Twisted Evil
john316
john316

Back to top Go down

Prelim Discussion Questions - Page 2 Empty question no.2

Post  kris Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:43 am

- doing transaction online is easier and convenient. i tried buying online from my friend's business site. and its easy to use. so i consider online shopping. when it comes to paying bills, likewise its hassle free and less effort and its more secure. today's generation are leading to really high technology so either way, we'll still gonna do transactions online.its a lot more practical than the usual. Very Happy
kris
kris

Back to top Go down

Post  rjt_vargas Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:00 am

1......Twisted Evil I think the most advantage of doing your work at home is that its add more relaxing ambiance than you are in the office compress in a small room and being preasure by your boss and for me i can think freely when iam in home.the dis advantage it is that you are devided on the work in your house and work... Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

2.......Yes because for me those things are made to make our life more easier and it is part of fast changing world...but you must also be careful on patronizing those kind of new ways and tecnology you must also consider the credebility of the people or company that you patronize...... Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by on Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total
rjt_vargas
rjt_vargas

Back to top Go down

Post  joycetapan Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:00 am

answer for no. 1
Well, working at home is great. It's a less hassle to them they can avoid traffics and other things that can happen on the road. It also can save much of their time. Another thing is that it will give them enough time to spend with their loved ones, as we all know that business mens are busy men they don't have enough time for their family. With this thing working at home, it will be a great help for them to spend time to their family for them to repay those times they've missed.

answer for no. 2
I haven't tried buying things online, but I've tried searching products that's sold online. There are nice products offered on some websites like amazon.com but there is one problem, you need to be a credit card user to be able to buy products with those sites. Another thing is that some people might think that there is no assurance on buying online
joycetapan
joycetapan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next